why is it?

kim_uk

I need somone to talk some sense into me. I have recently broke it off with a man (boy) I knew wasnt right for me. I know I'm missing the togetherness of having a boyfriend and all that brings but that's getting mixed up with missing him....even tho I give the advice not to confuse the 2! Everytime we broke up over the last year it was always me going back to him begging him to give it another go, and now something broke in me and it's been 3 weeks but I'm scared I'll weaken, something will take me back there. I want to believe life will be 1000 times better without him but it's hard. Friends are short on the ground due to moving away etc and I know I want to fill my time and jopin clubs etc but I just feel so lost like Im living every day just to get to the end of it. I have so much to be grateful for, 2 wonderful kids, a fantastic job, good friends (tho far away). I need to be away from this emotional desert Im in.....any tips?????

been there done that. it sux. It feels like you'll NEVER get over him. but YOU WILL! I promise!!! it may take a loooong time but you can't keep going back to him and emotionally damaging yourself. cuz that's what happens! have the confidance that there is someone out there for you! that deserves YOU! keep really busy with your kids and friends, focus on anything but him. Also, something that really helped me when I went through this was finding someone new. See other guys. have fun! don't torture yourself!!

thanks for that, it's like there's 2 parts of your brain, 1 that says yep you did the right thing and you know it deep down, and the other, the weak bit that is....well you know, will take your advice! tho staying off blokes for abit, just cant be bothered at the mo, tho knowing my Scorpio side it will re-emerge when Im ready to get back out there

Best wishes K

Wow this post reminds me of a guy I know...me...

Don't just "want" to do these things, actually do them...it helps...a lot...

And at this point, focusing on getting to the end of the day is what you need to do, but time will take care of that...

Also, focus on and spend time with what you have, what you are grateful for...

Lastly, you won't be out this "emotional desert" for a while...so make the best of your time there...make introspection, reflection, facing the grief and processing it your oasis...

thanks for that, it's like there's 2 parts of your brain, 1 that says yep you did the right thing and you know it deep down, and the other, the weak bit that is

I'd say one is your brain and the other your heart...such a beautiful yet dangerous dichotomy isn't it?