Successful Surgery!

I had posted my anxiety on hear a month ago about an upcoming surgery. I was fearful about the scars of a breast reduction. I am 8 days post op and just wanted to say that it was a wonderful experience with no complications and I am so COMFORTABLE! Not a one headache/migraine, no neck or back pain at all!!!! I can already tell that the scars are not going to be an issue as far as my body image goes. I can begin using something called Scar Guard after the stitches are out and I am healed. It will help them fade. So just wanted to say YAY and encourage others that fear/worry about the after math of emotions that comes with any surgery. It has been a PHENOMENAL experience and I only wish I would have done it sooner!

I had posted my anxiety on hear a month ago about an upcoming surgery. I was fearful about the scars of a breast reduction. I am 8 days post op and just wanted to say that it was a wonderful experience with no complications and I am so COMFORTABLE! Not a one headache/migraine, no neck or back pain at all!!!! I can already tell that the scars are not going to be an issue as far as my body image goes. I can begin using something called Scar Guard after the stitches are out and I am healed. It will help them fade. So just wanted to say YAY and encourage others that fear/worry about the after math of emotions that comes with any surgery. It has been a PHENOMENAL experience and I only wish I would have done it sooner!

That's fabulous to hear - good for you. I'm so pleased for you that everything went really well!

I am on a NHS waiting list to have a reduction because Im a 34J and I just get so fed up of being stared at and grabbed and having back ache and breast pain and an 'increasd chance' of breast cancer with having larger than 'normal' breasts.

I have always been scared of all the things they warn you about, loss of sensitivity in nipple, possible loss of nipple, blah blah

im SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to hear from someone that has had it done and im so glad it all went well for you!

x

Thank you both for the kind words! ~ElanorRigby I hope that your number comes up soon and that you will be able to get the surgery done too!!!!

p.s. i tired to edit my mispelling/misuse of hear - to here- and it does no towrk... why is that??

I am a little late coming to this, but YAY FOR YOU!!! I was in the hosp myself after surgery so I missed you going in, but I am soooo glad you didn't change your mind!!

There is nothing sexier than a confident woman, scars or no scars and that is what you are now, hon!!