How do I go on without my dad? I miss him sooooooooooo much and nothing makes sense any more. My world is forever changed!! His death blind sided us all. He seemed O.K. and then we found out he had cancer, then within 2 weeks...he was gone!! I feel so guilty that I wasn't with him when he passed. I saw him the night before and I told him that i'd be back in the morning! I would have been there with him, but I had fallen asleep and forgotten to turn our phone back on and I missed the call!!! My mom didn't even answer the phone!!! When he entered the hospital, she said she didn't want them calling and I was the one who made sure they would!! My dad was the glue for our family. He suffered so much and we all felt so helpless!! I would have done anything...anything!!! Thanks for listening!

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last year July 4th to a massive heart attack, and yes, he was fine then BRAM he was gone my life and world has forever changed. He was the rock of the family and the backbone of my survival and strength. When he died half of me went with him. When we are that close to our parents and they go, life is forever changed, we go on but we never heal. I am truly sorry for your loss. I share your grief, even up to now I still cry at times for my father. God bless you and yours.

I just want to say thank you to all for the kind words of support. It's been so hard and it's comforting to know that I'm not alone.

Hence the name of this site.

I know how you feel. I was cooking dinner for my father, waiting for him to come home from work, and then me and my mom got the phone call from the hospital saying he died instantly from cardiac arrest. It's been close to 5 months and I will miss him forever. I just hope for you it gets better as time heals the wounds.

I would like to say...be glad that you had a daddy. My father is still alive and I have not ever had that connection with him. I think you have been blessed to have had that. Be glad that you aren't grieving someone who is still alive. I do have many people who have passed that I miss so much....I knew they loved me and they knew that I loved them....with my father it is different.....I am the middle child and I haven't ever felt his love....I have reached out for it many times just haven't gotten it. I am 29 and still look for it and want his approval....it won't happen...i just want it...Be glad that you had that and embrace what you and your daddy had (have). Know that he is looking out for you in every step you make! I have a father here but not a daddy and to me it is very hard to not know someone who is living a block down the street. I think it would be great to feel what you have. Be glad and find peace in that! You will meet again! I am sorry for you loss...just know that you do have someone on your side looking out for you!