my girlfriend and I like the same guy

SeaBisquit

hello, ok i met this guy about a month ago. I just found out that my best friend likes the same guy I do. He doesn't like her at all. He likes me and he asked me out on a date. I told him no because of my friend but I really like the guy and feel that he might be the one for me. I don't want to jeopordize my friendship with my best friend but I'm thinking about going out with him anyways. am I wrong to go out with him?

I think you need to talk to your friend. Obviously, she might be hurt, but at the same time she might be happy for you and want you to persue this.

How long have you been friends with her? If she doesn't approve, would he be worth losing a friendship over?

In my opinion, it's not worth a good friendship. And there will always be more guys. But maybe she will also see that she doesn't have a chance with him and will move on and let you go out with him. So just talk to her about this.

Don't instantly shun his offer.

I don't agree 100% with the whole idea of friends before guys.

I'm engaged to my ex-best friends ex, haha.

Talk with her first.

If she just thinks you're hating on her, get the guy to back you up gently.

If its going to hurt her more than is repairable, be tactful or reconsider the whole thing.

If she was your best friend, she would be happy for you no matter what?

I know it doesnt always work that way.

But don't sacrifice yourself and your happiness.

x

That actually happened to me and my best friend a couple of years back. We started liking the same guy we met the one summer but I think she made it more obvious that she was interested in him. She is a very sensitive person so even though that I liked the guy I never really said anything to anybody. Well about a month later one of his friends slipped and told some people that he was interested in me and that got back to my best friend. She was crushed but then she had a talk with me and told me to go for him (after she found out that I was interested in him too). She said she wouldn't want to stand in between the two of us knowing that there's mutual attraction. So eventually the guy and I started dating and though we're not together anymore, the three of us remained as close friends. So I would say don't reject the guy first without talking to your friend first. Good luck!!

This just recently happened to me. My friend had a crush on a guy and then he ended up liking me and now we are going out cuz she found someone else. I would say wait a little while, see if your friend finds a new crush. Also, talk to her about it, just mention that he asked you out and see how she reacts. Just be honest, don't try to hide it from her, because in the end your friends will be there for you and a guy won't always necessarily be there.