Tummy after giving birth

babypink61

I know that your skin on the tummy gets stretched out when you're pregnant . . . does it go back to its original shape after you give birth? I've seen other women with really really saggy bellies (mostly stretched skin) after their babies and I don't want to sound vain but that worries me . . . I know there are some cream that helps with that??

I call my stretch marks "Decorations of Valor and Courage" I've earned them thank-you. lol.

Everyone is different. There are those women (you'd like to shoot) that have WONDEFUL elasticin in their skin and they bounce right back. Wear their pre-pregnancy JEANS home from the hospital.

LOL. I obviously was NOT one of those women. Your belly will come back to its normal shape. Follow your OBGYN's instructions.

And when you get back on your feet.. 6-8 weeks.. start walking, start exercising.. start working on your ab muscles. You can have that flat belly again with a little bit of work.

It can depend on what sort of condition you were in before being pregnant, how old you are and your genes.

My partner was gym junkie fit first time and withinh 12 months of birth of our first she had a washboard tummy again. Second time she was a bit less fit and a bit older and it has taken her longer to get back to a flat tummy.

Whatever, you will find it remarkable how much your body will return to pre-pregnancy on its own.

I'm obviously not speaking from experience, but I can certainly sound like I know what I'm talking about!...

From what I've read, there is no cream or lotion out there that has actually been proven to prevent stretch marks. That is because stretch marks happen on a deep layer on skin that lotions do not penetrate.

However, the whole point of a lotion is to moisturize the skin. So drinking water is supposed to be the only method of preventing stretch marks that has been proven. Drinking 3 litres of water per day keeps your skin moisturized and elastic.

Finally, they say that exercising regularily throughout the pregnancy is the best way to guarantee that you will bounce back to your old body. Also (obviously) the more weight you gain, the more of a toll it will take on your body. So you should try not to gain more than the recommended 25 lbs.

Ask me in 6 months and I will be able to tell you whether my advice works or not!

With my oldest baby, I had a CSection..... I wasnt that big on exersize either but within 2 years, YOu couldnt even tell I had had any baby!

Now then when I had my son that is now 20 months old,,,,, 2nd CSection, over a year later when I became pregnant again (yes Im prego now) I still wasnt back to normal. So now Im pushing the scales and I have 11 weeks left till I have the baby.

I dont know if I will ever see size 6 again, PREKIDS but I hope to be at least a size 8 or 9.. I hope this helps..

All women are different though, I have a friend that is a size two, and I am not joking when I say that within a week of having BOTH her kids she was back in those teeny tiny clothes... makes me jealous but I love her haha.

They say nine months on and nine months off lol

I got back into shape after my first child, my stomach was the flattest it had ever been! Unfortunately i havent had as much will power after my second child was born! But if you eat healthily and follow your post natal excercises you'll be fine. Also theres a product called bio-oil that is fab for preventing and helping stretchmarks to fade!

I'm only 2 and a half weeks away from giving birth and I'm proud to say, other than a red spot above my belly button, I haven't gotten any easily noticeable stretch marks.

I was small when I got pregnant, ranging between a size 0 and 5 (depends on brands) and I still only wear a size 7 or 9 (below my belly) so atleast I have a few pairs of jeans that will fit after I have him until I'm back to my pre-pregnancy size. Actually, I'd prefer to stay in the size 7's. I was bulemic so I'd rather not be that skinny again.

Any tips on how to not lose weight but still firm up?

Work out a whole lot. Take the baby for walks. Swim if you can.. Ride bikes.. Eat healthy and dont skip meals. Remember its not how much its what you eat.

Size 7 is a great size, you would be thin but still have curves =) I dont like the way I look any smaller than about a 7, and at my smallest I was about a 5 and people told me I looked 'sick'.

Work out a whole lot. Take the baby for walks. Swim if you can.. Ride bikes.. Eat healthy and dont skip meals. Remember its not how much its what you eat.

Size 7 is a great size, you would be thin but still have curves =) I dont like the way I look any smaller than about a 7, and at my smallest I was about a 5 and people told me I looked 'sick'.

Now when I look back on what I looked like before I got pregnant, I realize how skinny I really was and I definitely looked unhealthy. I'd definitely like to lose some of the baby weight but not all of it. I'd like to be a good size 5 or 7.

I like the saying it takes nine months to get there and give yourself nine to get back. I am a Mommy of four and can tell you that it never took me nine but it is kind to give yourself the allowance to enjoy a piece of pie or not stress about those skinny jeans.

You are going to be elated to have that new little life to care for!!! Again be gracious to yourself, before and after the baby arrives, get lots of rest, eat healthy, drink lots of water and walk. Walking really helps you during the delivery too!

With all four of mine I was back to normal long before they hit 2 months old but we are all different. I think breastfeeding really helps too! You can indulge on occasion and know that the baby is going to burn those calories off for ya!!!

As far as the elasticity of your skin you can kinda gage that by your own mother and her end results after having you. ie did she have stretch marks or saggy skin?

Good Luck and Congrats!