So I sent a postcard (i sent them to many people) from my vacation to my ex...I put it in the resort mail late Saturday so im thinking if he hasnt gotten it by now he will by tomorrow or at the very latest Friday.

It was very lighthearted, friendly, even had a little inside joke at the end...

Im wondering if it'll spark a response...silly I know, but you always wonder.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks no contact (with exception of the postcard)..he has sent 3 emails..one telling me he is now out dating people and two wishing me well and commenting on how beautiful i am in my vaca pics...

He sent the last email 2 days ago...i am thinking about sending him a short and sweet email but not sure when or what to say....

Any advice?

BH, I sensed a red flag immediately here.

In all honesty, did you send the postcard because you want him back or as a friendly gesture?

He is already out dating others, so it's going to hurt you to maintain contact with him at this level.

Someone who can move on that fast probably was just not that into you.

Hugs, Rose

No...it was just friendly really...I was writing out postcards and figured id send him one..it was 3 sentences.

I have been on dates myself, as the dumpee....and i will also say that in the past i broke up with an ex and was dating immediately (but i still loved him and in a couple months realized my mistakes.)

Breaking NC includes emails and postcards. You see NC is supposed to help you heal as well as prevent you from attempting to generate contact or reactions from him. A postcard is a form of contact, it doesn't matter if you sent out 100 of them to different people, he needs to be removed from all lists. You also said he thought you looked good in your vaca pictures, did you email pics to him?

He is letting you know that he is moving on and that is very clear. Now you want to pursue him more because of this. Had you stayed committed to NC you would have deleted his emails and would have no knowledge of his dating status. Move on and start living for those things that deserve to be a part of your life.

RC

Well I think subconsciously you want him back despite your conscious telling you you are just being friendly.

It is best to break ties and move on as others have suggested, because you are only going to hurt yourself by putting on a friendly fassad when deep down you miss him.

We all go through this, I sure did, and there is nothing wrong with feeling this way.

But I really don't want to see you get hurt anymore, so please don't contact him.

Hugs, Rose

No I didnt email him the pics of me...when I got the email which was a week old by the time i got it saying he wanted to let know he was "now out and dating people" I didnt reply. Instead I did as originally intended when i got on the computer and posted a blog on myspace about my vacation and also some pics from vacation. I then went to sleep and when i checked my email he next dya i had tow notifications from emails he had sent no more then 5 minutes after the pics were posted saying how gorgeous i am.

Hmmm. First he emails you that he's dating others (that's really rubbing it in your face), then he finds it necessary to comment on your pics? I'd think that is to comfort you. Why are you still in touch with him? What do you want out of it?

Ilse