how to begin dating

whoops

I have just come out of a 4 yr relationship and although i am not ready to have anything serious i would like to start to date a bit - i work from home so cant meet people from there and most of my friends are in couples - i was wondering what can i do to meet people - i know it is early to start but i think it is a good idea to just get in there and meet people and start again the earlier i do this better for me which is selfish but i have to fill this emptyness in my heart.

I have also begun looking to get back into the work market training so that is good but i am in my 30's and i know the people i would meet here are in there 20's so i want to meet some older persons just for fun for now - i think i need and deserve it.

It took me 5 years to find the ex so i refuse to waste time again looking for someone like last time so know from my mistake i need to get out there.

I think online dating would fit your situation very well. Perfectly actually. I bet you'll find plenty of dates there...just make sure you let these guys know you are only looking to casually date...

Also be prepared for these dates to potentially set you back a bit in your healing process. That's happened to me before, where I thought I'd be fine just casually dating, but when the rubber hit the road, doing so brought out a lot of feelings from memories tied to lost love...

You said you want to date to fill the hole in your heart. That's not gonna work! I understand how you feel, having come out of an LTR a little while ago myself, but I don't think you're quite ready for casual dating yet.

I'm not saying you don't deserve it. What I am saying is that it's not going to work. Give yourself a few months of pain and loneliness. When you don't feel a hole, per se, then go to town with the dating.

Join some online dating sites like link removed, link removed or link removed, be upfront and let them know you are just interested in dating and meeting new people and friends, you never know where it will lead but it is better than telling people one thing when they might be looking for a long term thing. If you are a guy, don't expect and approaches, scan through profiles of people you would like to meet, even if it is just for friends.

Also check you paper or online listings for single events, things like speed dating, dinner groups, cooking classes, dance classes, art classes, movie night, book club, -check link removed- anything that will get you out of the house and meeting people.

If you put an effort into it, you'll have plenty of dates lined up in no time. Just eliminate any expectations beforehand and go with the moment trying to have as much fun as possible. The more people you meet the more you will learn about yourself and who you prefer more also.