Taking a night shift...

Okay, how am I supposed to adjust to different sleeping patterns? I have taken a night shift at my college in which I check people's I.D. for security purposes after 10pm-2am (or 3am on the weekends). I've felt so tired these past days. I don't have any 8am classes when I work and I only work once on Monday and Friday/Saturday. If I go directly to bed after I get off work and sleep for at least 7-8 hours will that compensate for staying up late like this working?

Having a night shift just a few ights a week kinda sucks because you have to keep shifting back and forth. Am I right in assuming you're not a night owl? You should be fine sleeping in late the following morning and then going to bed the next evening at a normal time.

I have DSPS. People wrongly assume I'm a night owl but I'm just on a long biological shift. My body thinks each day is 26 hours long so, I keep moving forward. Whenever I get a long break, I readjust by moving forward far enough to return to normal time. Sorry, I got off topic

I had this where I would work one shift then a different shift and I got a little tired. I slept the day away when I had the graveyard shift and then I went back to the morning shift. It was tough returning to the morning shift since I'm a night owl. Just sleep until you wake up is the advice I can offer you.