Food Intolerance Help!

I recently cut wheat and gluten and seafood from my diet because of digestive problems and also because of a rash I seemed to get all over my sides and back when I ate some sea food and a lot of pasties in Cornwall. However suddenly these allergic rashes are appearing again and so cannot be related to the sea food or wheat.

I googled it and found dairy especially milk a common culprit for causing skin rahes, I am deciding to try cutting dairy out too to see if my skin improves.

Anyone here wheat and dairy free? what do you eat? what do you avoid and do you take supplements?

Also anyone else experience these rashes, like ezcema its sore rather than itchy and covers mysides and my back in blotches.

How do you know these rashes are related to a food allergy? Have you been to a doctor? If not, then may I suggest you do so very soon?

The location of this rash and the fact that it is sore rather than itchy made me think immediately of shingles - which have nothing to do with food allergies.

Hmm. So have you been to a doc? If it is a food allergy, they can easily do tests. They scrape tiny areas on your skin (just scratch lightly) and apply little bits of the allergine (or what it's called. lol) on the patch. I had these tests done because I break out in rashes, too.

In my case, it turns out I have no food allergies whatsoever. They are stress rashes. Do you think it may be heat or stress rashes?

yeah i had some scratch tests done and some RAST tests where they take blood and I had seafood and strawberry RAST tests done, I already knew i was allergic to them anyway!

with the patch tests i didnt bother going because the dermatologist at the hospital told me testing for food allergies is almost impossible, i also have allergies to certain medication, the microgynon pill and sudafed are examples of bad rash incuding tablets. However she told me to bring things i 'thought' i was allergic to for patch testing. I thought "whats the point? they wanted to test me for fake tan and things like that which i have already had big rashes to in the past so i didnt need this confirming"

Trial and error and a process of elmination dietary seems to be the only way forward.

If it is wheat then it could be gluten, as mentioned by rodeo-rider. You can get gluten free bread and cakes. Also with the dairy you may find that it is only cows milk that is the problem so can eat cheese made from sheep or goats milk.

I have a friend who suffered from severe eczema for years before finally figuring out that it was food related, primarily foods with high acidity (citrus, tomatoes), cows milk and potatoes.

My husband is gluten intolerant. He found that preservatives 1400 - 1450 would give him digestive problems. He eats alot of fruit and vegetables, fish, gluten free sausages, salmon and tuna (tins) sakata rick crackers. He eats tonnes but you may have to experiment with the preservatives.

I also found that we needed to buy him a brand new frying pan because he was getting sick after I cooked for him. I also have to be really careful when I prepare his food.