need advice

ok, I have this so called friend but i don't really count them as friends. because i feel like they are just using me for someone to talk to and not as a friend. They have anything to do with me unless they need someone to talk to. they never want to hang out or another unless there having a problem with something or another. i don't know what to do should i stay trying to be there friend and keep letting them keep use me or should i tell them are friendship is up? please help me if u can.

Friendship is a two way street. Are they ever there when *you* need someone? There is nothing wrong with setting boundaries that require a friendship to be equitable.

Don't let people use you, but you don't have just stop being friends. Tell them how you feel and how you would like to hang out more. If they won't reciprocate, then move on to others.

I agree, express your feelings to them. It's quite possible that they don't realize that they are using you. You must be a fantastic listener and someone who really helps others!

If they don't seem to want to listen to your needs, then it's probably time to search out new friends. Those who are interested in sharing the good and the bad times! Good luck!

Well then, they aren't friends. So, cutting contact really isn't that big of a deal. you don't have anything to lose because you never had anything to begin with.

I used to have "friends" like that. It took me a long time that I was mistaking attention for friendship... once i realized that they should be there for *me* too, it made it a lot easier for me to distinguish between true friends.

I have friends like that but really i dont care,
i use to not care tell they would start useing me like there was 5 ppl differnt ppl that would tell me that they needed some one to talk to right away so i would walk 3 hrs to go talk to them because they did not want to talk on the phone or online and when i got there i would fine out that they just use me to see if i would really come if they needed me, im starting toget to were i have a hard time believeing them anymore its like that story about the lil boy how cryed wolf.