I'm 37 weeks!

Ians Mommy

Wow, that's such a cool picture with the inquisitive kitty paw thrown in as a bonus! Congratulations! Do you really think cats are dangerous to newborns? How will you keep yours separate? I have five and have been warned plenty about how they "suffocate babies". CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

It's not my cat. I don't have any pets at my house. I was at my sister's when they were taken.

Thanks!

Wow, that's such a cool picture with the inquisitive kitty paw thrown in as a bonus! Congratulations! Do you really think cats are dangerous to newborns? How will you keep yours separate? I have five and have been warned plenty about how they "suffocate babies". CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

That is an old wives' tale. If you are worried, just keep kitties out of the baby's bedroom while the baby is in there sleeping!

Tonight was supposed to be my last night working at the diner and when I showed up for work at 5, they had thrown me a HUGE baby shower. Everyone I've worked with in the last 10 months was there, including people that had been fired or quit in the past. It was so much fun. They had asked everyone to just give money because I had everything I needed and when I just counted all the money, I received over 2000 dollars tonight.

I can't believe how generous people are, some of whom are pretty much strangers. They are crazy and I'm going to miss working there but I have my precious son to look forward to.

Tonight was supposed to be my last night working at the diner and when I showed up for work at 5, they had thrown me a HUGE baby shower. Everyone I've worked with in the last 10 months was there, including people that had been fired or quit in the past. It was so much fun. They had asked everyone to just give money because I had everything I needed and when I just counted all the money, I received over 2000 dollars tonight.

I can't believe how generous people are, some of whom are pretty much strangers. They are crazy and I'm going to miss working there but I have my precious son to look forward to.

Aww thats so sweet of everyone

Aww thats so sweet of everyone

It really was so nice of them. I don't think I've ever given so many hugs lol.

WOW thats great.

People can be so kind. Why cant you work there anymore after the baby is born? Do you plan to stop working all together to concentrate on school only?

I am going to work there again but it's going to be atleast the middle of December or early January before I go back. I'm out of school now and I start getting tutored next Monday until about 6 weeks after he's born.

So great to get an update!

I can't believe you're 37 weeks, it seems like only yesterday that you said 'I'm pregnant...oh well'. My gosh, how things have changed.

Great to hear that you've got everything you need. Your work was so generous! I am excited just like everyone else here!

And I loved the belly pics (that top is gorgeous!)

Looking forward to the next update. Good luck until then

oxox

Wow! You are surrounded by love and support, I think that is so great. You've certainly seen alot of kindness and generosity.

Hope you are feeling well and looking forward to the arrival!

Are you parents excited?

I've actually had so much energy the last 2 weeks. It's amazing.

Yes and no. My dad is in shock right now that his "baby" girl is going to be a mommy in less than a month and he's taking it pretty hard. I think it's finally hitting him that I'm not his little girl anymore. My mom is getting pretty excited and she can't wait.

My dad is in shock right now that his "baby" girl is going to be a mommy in less than a month and he's taking it pretty hard. I think it's finally hitting him that I'm not his little girl anymore.

You'll always be his "baby" girl, even when you have a baby of your own. Just like Ian will always be your baby boy, even when he has babies of his own. That doesn't stop when you grow up or have your own babies. I'm 30, almost 31 and I'm still my dad's girl.

You'll always be his "baby" girl, even when you have a baby of your own. Just like Ian will always be your baby boy, even when he has babies of his own. That doesn't stop when you grow up or have your own babies. I'm 30, almost 31 and I'm still my dad's girl.

Put it this way. I'll never have a good relationship with my dad even though he thinks we have a great relationship now. Still, I'll always love him but I'll never forget. I just pray that my son will never have to go through any of what I did with my relationship with one of my parents.

So great to get an update!

I can't believe you're 37 weeks, it seems like only yesterday that you said 'I'm pregnant...oh well'. My gosh, how things have changed.

Great to hear that you've got everything you need. Your work was so generous! I am excited just like everyone else here!

And I loved the belly pics (that top is gorgeous!)

Looking forward to the next update. Good luck until then

oxox

Sorry I was going to reply to this awhile ago but I must have gotten sidetracked and I just saw it again.

It seems like the last 7 months have gone by so fast. I can't even believe that 9 months ago I had no idea I was going to be a mom. I didn't have a steady relationship with anyone at all and my life was actually going downhill again.

Now look at me! I'm nearly a mom and married! I couldn't be happier with how much my life has changed. *sighs*

Put it this way. I'll never have a good relationship with my dad even though he thinks we have a great relationship now. Still, I'll always love him but I'll never forget. I just pray that my son will never have to go through any of what I did with my relationship with one of my parents.

???

What do you mean by this?

Did something happen with your father?

I just went back and re-read my entire thread I had started when I first found out I was pregnant and I had updated until I was around 22 weeks. I pulled out some quotes that I think are interesting lol.

It's weird. I got bored this morning and put a pillow in my shirt and I cannot imagine how I'm going to look when I'm 9 months pregnant.

Now that I'm actually 9 months pregnant, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be lol. My belly isn't nearly as big as the pillow was but it's A LOT heavier lol.

I'm immature, I'll admit that in some ways, I really am. I still sit there and watch cartoons, and play with little kids toys with my niece and nephew.

I've learned in the course of my pregnancy that there are two types of maturity or immaturity. No matter how old you are, how many kids you have, or what you've been through, there will always be some part of you that will always love cartoons or playing with toys. Then there's the type of maturity/immaturity that comes with taking responsibility for your actions and doing the right thing, whatever that may be.

My baby's dad is moving in with me in July to help me out when the baby is born. I'm excited.

haha I think that's actually hilarious. That was directed towards my son's biological father Cory. I had been so excited about him moving in with me that I thought it was going to be amazing. I think all I felt for him was security, which was a false hope in the end anyway. I'm so glad things DID NOT work out with he and I because now I really do have the person I love and will take care of my family.

If it wasn't for everyone on Enotalone, I probably wouldn't be where I am right now.

Still, nearly 6 months or so after I had posted that, it's completely 100% true.

Avman:

Just sit your friends down and tell them straight out. If they are true friends they'll support you. Yes, some may need a little time to get over the shock but the genuine ones will still be there for you.

I did tell my friends when it was the right time and yes, I did lose a few friends but it really did show me who my true friends are and to this day, they are 100% by my side.

I both love getting bigger and hate it at the same time. When I got pregnant, I wore a 5 or 7 and now 9's are getting really tight. I guess I'm going to have to find maternity pants that don't look like they're for 60 year olds lol.

haha that's funny and shocking at the same time. I still wear a 7 or 9 and I'm 9 months pregnant! They fit perfectly below my tummy I only bought one pair of maternity pants for work and a few shirts that I liked. Most of my clothes are the same as I wore when I got pregnant, just a little tighter

I had a forum on here about telling my grandmom that I'm pregnant. I did on Friday night. She was furious and basically told me that if I don't give the baby up for adoption (at first she threatened to make me have an abortion until she found out how far along I am) that she would never talk to me again and that she would change her will so I'm not in there.

Well, she lived up to her word and the last my dad told me, she had taken me out of her will. At this point, I could care less. I'm happier than I've ever been and it does pain me to know that she'll never know her great-grandson, it's not worth the stress of knowing I won't get that money.

I just had fun going through that and seeing how much things have changed and how some things are still the same. I'm sleepy now so I'm heading to bed.

I especially like the part about maturity. At 16, you are not expected to be fully mature. You handled things VERY well in your circumstances. You took responsibility for the consequence of sex, and as far as I can see here, you kept yourself healthy and stable throughout the whole pregnancy. You took care that you were surrounded by the right people, you didn't let things around you upset you too much, and prepared yourself to be a mommy. You will do great hon, I am sure.

Ilse

Thanks for the post with all the quotes in it!

It was great to read. I often read your posts and think 'I wonder what she' thinking about all that now...?', especailly the stuff about Cory.

It's so strange; I was actually talking about you with my friend the other day, just telling her a bit about your story and your wedding and stuff. Who would've thought that two 23 year olds in Australia would be having a chat about your life? I guess that's the magic of the internet!

Thanks again for the update

I especially like the part about maturity. At 16, you are not expected to be fully mature. You handled things VERY well in your circumstances. You took responsibility for the consequence of sex, and as far as I can see here, you kept yourself healthy and stable throughout the whole pregnancy. You took care that you were surrounded by the right people, you didn't let things around you upset you too much, and prepared yourself to be a mommy. You will do great hon, I am sure.

Ilse

Thank you. I've had a lot of people that I'm close to tell me that but it means more from people on enotalone because they know the true side of me and don't feel obligated to say it because they're family.

Thanks for the post with all the quotes in it!

It was great to read. I often read your posts and think 'I wonder what she' thinking about all that now...?', especailly the stuff about Cory.

It's so strange; I was actually talking about you with my friend the other day, just telling her a bit about your story and your wedding and stuff. Who would've thought that two 23 year olds in Australia would be having a chat about your life? I guess that's the magic of the internet!

Thanks again for the update

haha that's funny. I hope maybe one day I can let other teenagers really know how hard it is to be a teen mom but that you CAN do it with some work.

Thank you!

YOu have really come a long way, thanks for the updates and reflection.

Thanks!