hi im eighteen and im a senior in high school. this last summer i started dating a girl who was a close friend of mine and i know had been into me all last year. we immediately became really close and things just meshed perfectly. she once said to some friends that i was the best thing to ever happen to her, and that she never connected with a guy like me. however, as soon as she went off to college at the end of the summer, things started to fall apart. i started to freak out that i was going to lose her and i wanted to talk about the relationship all the time. this was really difficult for her as shes going to an ivy league school and is REALLY busy. she wanted a break for a few weeks while she settled into her new life but i lasted only a week. then she asked to get back together winter break, again i lasted only like a week before i wanted more relationship talk. she called me two weeks ago and said that although i was the best thing to ever happen to her, she was afriad of commitment and was afraid of continuing a relationship with me. she told our friends that she still had feelings for me, but wasn't interested in a relationship. she has some emotional problems i think due to her childhood but im so crazy about her i dont care, id help her though anything. i know ive been pushy so i haven't talked to her for 2 weeks to give her space. is there any way at all i can get this girl back? she lives over 2000 miles away, i wont see her till winter break and i dont know if it will be too late by then.

One of lifes hardest lessons sometimes is to learn to let go. Give her all the space she wants and needs, and in the mean time get on with your life, doing all te things you want to do now. Date others, travel, go to school, persue your dreams.

Don't worry about her, she sees to have a lot on her plate right now with attending an Ivy Leage school.

Focus on you.

I know this is upsetting for you, but she probably isn't interested in a long-distance relationship.

She's in a completely different setting, with so many new people. She may not even be the same person she was last summer.

College life is so different from high school. You don't need to tie yourself down to a girl you can't even see but a few times a year when it might not even work out.

yeah all of my friends say i need to let go as well. ive met many other girls before, i guess i just find her so special that i just cant force myself, no matter how little chance i have, to let her go. one thing is is that i know shes really scared right now being in a new life and all, but she wont tell anyone. i guess part of the reason of why its so hard to let go is ive never even come close to finding such a perfect match and creating as strong a connection as a had with her. i guess all i really know i want right now is for her to come back winter break, and for us to still be able to look into each others eyes like we did before. i know all of this is so naive of me, and that we wont even be in contact for most of our relationship, but no matter how painful i forsee it being, i still keep going back to wanting what we had before. i feel like a hopeless case here. thank you guys so much for the help though.