what are the common or uncommon mistakes that

sarsapolis6

guys make when they're flirting with a girl? Their mistakes keep them "friendzoned" instead of being the boyfriend of the women they're interested in.

One thing to note: Friendzoned guys aren't completely clueless.. they compliment or playfully tease the girls they're interested in, just like the men who are potential boyfriends.

That's the mistake - flirting with a woman. Stay away, they're all evil!

Not quite, but we're smarter than you.

The number one thing that will keep you friendzoned is the girl just not being into you. It's a killer.

After that - taking too long to make a move and letting her think you're not interested and being overly subtle so that she thinks you're not interested. Speaking too much about other girls, having girlfriends or just being a good girlfriend to her.

All of these sins have led me to friendzone men I was initially interested in, only to find out later that they were interested in me.

Being myself is not a problem.

What I'm looking for are specific mistakes.. a list of errors that guys can make while flirting with a girl, which can lead to two unwanted results:

The girl will keep him as a only a friend for as long as they know each other

or

scare her away from him.

Most guys want to avoid those results when they flirt.

You must never let them forget that you are a man, with male genitals, and you can easily envision them on their back, naked and with you on top of them. You may never move in that direction, but they should realize that the thought occurs to you.

I'm with Beec - I don't know how to explain this, because it's not about being crude, but it *is* about getting some heat into the eyes! I am happily friends with men forever, and sometimes I don't get that they like me. So maybe don't be too subtle - ask them out; kiss them hello and goodbye; make it clear without being obvious you fancy the pants off them!

Good luck!

1) Never making a move. For example, I had the impression from some guy a few years ago that he was interested in me, he was always inviting me to parties and events he was having or games he was going to, but would never ask me out alone. Even when I hinted that there was a bar I wanted to check out, he wouldn't say, "oh, let's go there tonight!" i eventually got bored and stopped talking to him. (Or maybe I'm wrong, he was never interested at all.....) he seemed interested, but didn't take the next step, for whatever reason....

2) Trying to impress a girl by being rude and mean to others. I met a guy in a study group I kind of was interested in, but then he just turned really mean and boorish, so that was a turnoff. he called and asked me out, and I turned him down.

that's all for now, but I'm sure I can come up with more things later....

When your talking to a girl your interested in, don't ever dump all of your emotional problems onto them because they will begin to think that your insecure and they will probably sway away from you. Girls are looking for someone who has a lot of confidence in themself and someone who is an all around fun person to be with. Its best not to discuss previous relationships either, unless she happens to bring it up in a conversation. And the MAJOR turn off to a girl is when you are acting too clingy (calling to often, acting as if she the best you met, doing everything she wants to do all the time). From my experience those were all ways to get landed in the friend zone.

Hope this helps

Max - your assessment is right on! Those are EXACTLY the things that landed me in the "Divorced" zone! Too bad she let it build for 7 years before telling me!!!

Agent - I was only kidding (I'm sure you know that). And although I can't make a blanket statement that you are ALL smarter than us, I can sure say that you ae far more complex!!!!

Not quite, but we're smarter than you.

The number one thing that will keep you friendzoned is the girl just not being into you. It's a killer.

After that - taking too long to make a move and letting her think you're not interested and being overly subtle so that she thinks you're not interested. Speaking too much about other girls, having girlfriends or just being a good girlfriend to her.

All of these sins have led me to friendzone men I was initially interested in, only to find out later that they were interested in me.

SEXIST REMARKS !!!!!!!!

my 2 cents

ahhhhhhhh, flirting! the initial dance of courtship and mating. well all do it - flirt. one word of advice - if someone hands you a rulebook about flirting, throw it away. because there are no rules, and you should never use someone else's ideas - learn your own ways. and remember flirting is really age related and situtaion. u flirt with that high school guy differently than you would meeting that 40 year old stock broker. you flirt differently in a bar filled with drunken sods, then you would on a sunday afternoon antique hunting. flirting is something that u learn and evloves and is your own and the way you flirt with one person you don't flirt the same way with another because everyone is unique. and flirting comes naturally, caused by attraction. if u have to think about it or plan it - then u will always miss the mark. my advice is show someone you care about them as a person without taking it out of yer pants [right away at least - lol].