You see, I was engaged to the guy of my dreams...(or so I thought). This was a very complicated relationship. We were together for about 2 years and 3 months. We got engaged when we were only together for about 9 months. I was 16 at the time. Things went well for the first year, but by the beginning of the second, I started questioning myself if I was REALLY happy. He had always made me choose between him and my family, which was really hard on me, and made me grouchy most of the time. But not only did he make me choose him over everything else, I spent every moment I could with him. He is more of a homebody, and I'm more out going. I always wanted to go places, but ended up giving in because he didn't want to. This is when it hit me...should I really be with someone so opposite? About this time, I met a guy, and he really made me happy, even though I only saw him when he would come in and check on his application at a local place I worked at. He ended up knowing one of my co-workers, and was roomate to her boyfriend. So I decided to meet him. I was very attracted to him, but I knew I was engaged. I decided to just leave everything at that...just someone I had met. The next week, my fiance and I had a huge fight over my family, and this is when I decided to take a break. We took a week break, and in that week I began seeing the other guy. We kissed, and I felt SO bad that I thought I knew what I wanted, and that was my fiance. I finally told my fiance about "the kiss" with the other guy about 6 months later. I was making myself sick about it. But things went on, and my fiance forgave me. Everything was going good, and we had intended on moving in together when I turned 18, so I was moving in my stuff and preparing for that. When something in my heart was telling me that he wasn't the guy for me. My whole family didn't like him one bit, but I was in love. I finally got the courage to tell him I didn't want to be with him anymore. He cried to me, begging me to reconsider everything, and of course I did...and I know he isn't the one for me. He made me feel as if I didn't even matter. I tried to stay in contact with him, because love just doesn't go away. I tried to be friends with him, but he was such a jerk that I couldn't take it anymore. Later on I found out that he was emotionally abusing me.

After all of this happened, I am just SO glad to be moving on with my life, and now I am dating, which I never thought I'd be able to do. I am still in my re-building stages, but it's been great to have a life again. I am currently a Senior in High School, am taking college courses for sports medicine, and am thinking of enlisting in the Navy or the Air Force.

I guess I just had to get all of that off my chest, so thank-you for reading, and if you want to leave comments, that would be GREAT!!!

Thank you guys SO much!!! I really am moving on, and it's really something I thought I could never do. It has changed me SO much...(hopefully for the better But I really think this is the best thing for me, and of course dating an amazing guy! He is in the military, and he is coming back in about 2 weeks, so I'm really excited! He makes me so much happier than I've been in 2 years! Thanks for the imput! I love this forum!!!!