I Don't Want To Be Her Friend

diejoeboo

I'll try to keep this short. I dated this girl on and off for two years. It didn't work out, fine. I still have some feelings for her, but the best way for me to get over it is to avoid her. Out of sight, out of mind. She calls me all the time asking to hang out. She has a boyfriend now, and I'm happy for her. I agreed several times to meet up. When we meet, she talks about her boyfriend. I don't want to be rude so I don't want to tell her not to talk about him but I don't want to hear about it. And when he calls her while we're hanging out, he gets angry because she's hanging out with me. He doesn't like the fact that she still talks to me. I told her "Maybe it's better for both of us that we don't hang out, it'll save us a lot of headaches." She just says "Don't worry about him, you're a good friend and I'm not giving our friendship up for him."

I just want to know how to tell her I don't want to be her friend. We get along very well and we have a good time, but I'm not really fully over her yet. She keeps dropping hints that she'll be back (with me), but I don't want to play on her false promises, I just want go to.

I need an out, thanks in advance.

It sounds like you have your head on your shoulders.. I guess the best way to go about it would be to tell her that she's making you uncomfortable by putting you inbetween her and her boyfriend.. or you could just flat out tell her that you're not interested in being her friend (you don't have to specify a reason if you don't want to, a simple "I'm not interested" is enough) and that you wish her well but can no longer be in her life.

Dropping hints that she'll be back with you? The only hint you should accept is her dumping her current guy.

If you want her out of your life forever, a direct confrontation may be the way to go. Tell her honestly that you're not feeling comfortable with the situation.If she gets upset or mad, it's okay -- remember you'll never have to see her again if you don't want to.

If you want a more subtle approach, just repeatedly and firmly decline her invitations to hang out. After a while, she should get the idea...

Good luck!

It sounds like you have your head on your shoulders.. I guess the best way to go about it would be to tell her that she's making you uncomfortable by putting you inbetween her and her boyfriend.. or you could just flat out tell her that you're not interested in being her friend (you don't have to specify a reason if you don't want to, a simple "I'm not interested" is enough) and that you wish her well but can no longer be in her life.

I guess I can also get some help here.

One of my friends wants to meet me so often. I tried the "I am busy" card but she will suggest another time to meet up. She pretty much insists on seeing me.

Can I just tell "Sorry but I am not interested"? Won't that be very rude?