Why sometimes girls who find you attractive ignore you?

DLxX

For girls and guys, why is it sometimes that a girl can find you attractive, but not acknowledge you in passing. Like today me and my friend were standing in the hall and this girl who I know finds me attractive through a friend and other incidents, walks up with her friend and totally ignored me as she passed and just said a brief hello and had a brief conversation with my friend who was beside me? I've talked to her before so it's not like I don't know her.

For the girls... have you done something like this before and why?

I've done something like this. Actually, pretty much the exact same thing! I was in high school, so young and shy then

The reason I'd do it? I was shy. Probably through her head she was analyzing everything you were doing while she was talking to your friend and not you. I'd always end up kicking myself after. But don't worry, sounds like she's still into you

Nervousness. Unless the guy I like initiates some sort of recognition of me first, I'll walk by him in fear he won't respond.

For some people it's just impossibly hard to talk to the people they like if they are extremely shy, and they come off as rude/mean as a result (quite unintentionally!).

I...tend to do that often, as embarrassing as it is to say lol. As for why...well, personally, I do it because I don't want him to suspect my attraction (if he doesn't know) towards him so I pretend that I don't see him. Or I don't notice him if he's there, like he's not really a big deal to me (when he actually really is!). Second, we want to seem offhandish. Like "oh hey, I didn't see you there". Try to play it cool, so as to seem like we don't need him to be happy. Arhg, I can't really explain it. It's a natural thing for some girls to go and hug your friend or something RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU thinking that would call onto your jealousy monster. Some even get mad when they see no reaction coming from you. They expect you to be jealous, so jealous that you would pull on the first moves before that friend you think she likes better does.

Haha, I hope this helped a bit..