write a letter or just let go?

SeaBisquit

Don't do it!! I personally think it is a terrible idea.

Yes, I have done it. He never contacted me again...not even to tell me he got it or anything. That made me feel so stupid and I fully regretted writing it. I could have at least kept some ounce of dignity I still had, but nope. I went ahead and sent that to him along with the letter.

I concur with IFM. It may give you "closure" but it may just tear open the wound that is trying to heal.

Write the letter and say anything and everything you would ever want him to know. Then either throw it away, burn it, or put it in a drawer somewhere.

Conventional wisdom among experts in psychology is that it is healthy for us to write such letters but not to send them. More often than not, the old saying seems to hold true: the less said, the better.

I think writing a letter is good...SENDING IT IS TERRIBLE

getting it out & letting go is the way to go.

But getting your feelings out doesn't mean to him. Get on paper it helps sort out you mind, sending it to him won't help either of you .I think is a bad Idea mainly because I dont' see any good comeing of it.

If you really feel the need to write a letter you should do it as it can be very cathartic and healing for you but do not send it by any means. Sending it will have the opposite effect and only serve to open up old or existing wounds. I would highly recommend a book called Coming Apart: When relationships end. (The title is paraphrased, I don't have it with me right now but the Coming Apart part is right and the rest is pretty close, you can find it on Amazon) It was extremely helpful to me when I was having the exact same feelings you're having right now. You'll get through it! Stay strong!

Agree with Flower99....writing it is a good way to focus your emotions and get it all out - sending it "nightmare".

I done this once. I wrote to my ex...i think it was more of a book then a letter. He acknowledged the letter - but said nothing about it...it made me feel worse!

I've written tons of letters in the past and kept them. It makes me de clutter my feelings, and puts things into perspective.

Keep a diary or journal...or write but DO NOT send!!

I wrote one and it got put in the bin with the other one i sent... Write one but don't send it. Just ask yourself what do you want from it? If goes in the bin like mean did it just hurts and they think they have all the power. Go NC it's hard very hard but you will start to feel better. goodluck

Everyone says don't send it? I, personally believe you should. Only because I did.

In my personal experience, I found it very helpful to pour my entire thoughts out into a letter, every single thing I felt. I signed it, sealed it, and gave it to her. I then went into NC.

I think its important to get everything out, otherwise, whilst ur in NC, u will think of stuff that you wanna say to them, thereforeeee making u more likely to pick up the phone, and break NC.

Just my personal experience. Good luck.