I'm pregnant and don't want to lose my piercings...

BornToResist

Has anybody here ever been pregnant and had a bellybutton ring?

Did you HAVE to take it out? Are there any substitutes you can use, or will it just stretch out anyways?

I'm 20 weeks and my bellybutton is starting to stretch. I have 2 naval piercings (1 top, 1 bottom) and I already had to take a ring out, but the barbell seems okay for now. I know it's just temporary though. Is there anything I can do?

I found some places sell special rings for pregnancy, but do these actually work? Do they interefere with anything?

I have a tattoo on my stomach too and that's already going to stretch beyond recognition, but I really don't want to lose these.

Any insight would help!

How long have you had the piercings? If you've had them long enough, you can just take your jewelry out when your bellybutton disappears and pop them back in when the kid pops out. I haven't worn my earrings (including the various cartilage ones) since before my son was born four months ago, and they're all still open.

I've had my naval piercings for about 6 years or so.

However it doesn't seem to be the same case as my ears. My ears can stay open without wearing any jewelry for a very long time, but my bellybutton piercings heals a lot faster. I lost a barbell and didn't replace it for almost a week and it was so difficult to get it in, it was close to closing.

I wish it was the same case.

I hope the rings on the websites I found will actually work. I'm just worried about them stretching out and looking funky.

Here's the one's I'm looking at: link removed

I just googled 'belly button rings and pregnancy' there seems to be alot of links.

Here are a few that I found that may be helpful.

link removed

This site sells a pregnancy belly ring link removed

There seemed to be many sites that sell this, maybe even a local shop near you would sell them or could order them for you if your not comfortable purchasing it online.

As for an answer to your question, I wouldnt know because I am not peirced there.

Here are some more , try googling 'Pregnancy Belly Rings'

link removed

link removed

link removed

link removed

EDIT TO ADD: The mom4life website offers free shipping,a nd has many pictures, If it were me Id pick the last one as they have a huge selection and seem to donate 10 percent of all sales to a hospital near the site owner.

I've had my naval piercings for about 6 years or so.

However it doesn't seem to be the same case as my ears. My ears can stay open without wearing any jewelry for a very long time, but my bellybutton piercings heals a lot faster. I lost a barbell and didn't replace it for almost a week and it was so difficult to get it in, it was close to closing.

I wish it was the same case.

I hope the rings on the websites I found will actually work. I'm just worried about them stretching out and looking funky.

Here's the one's I'm looking at: link removed

I got one of those from Ebay because my piercing is really long for some reason and I can't get any rings to fit. That one worked perfectly.

I highly recommend that. You cut it to the right length and it's soft and flexible.

Okay just an update for anyone else in the future who might be in this boat...

I purchased 2 of the barbel things (I have 2 naval piercings)from link removed and they are honestly the best thing I could think of. They are so long but you can cut them. I didn't cut mine and I can actually use one and string it through both of the piercings, they are so convenient.

I received the order VERY QUICKLY, and they are so comfortable! I can tell already that I won't have to remove them and they don't seem to stretch anything out and they don't look strange at all (not any weirder than a pregnant girl's bellybutton looks already).

I definently recommend this product and thanks to everyone for your advice!

~End of commercial~