I need help finding women my age!

rekrapshyguy

I have a problem. Since I'm only 18, and I don't want to end up going out with some 21+ year old, it seems as though I'm very limited in where to find women my age, and that is because the school I go to only has one girl. I can't go to nightclubs (and wouldn't feel comfortable doing so even if I could), the chance of me finding someone around my age just out in the open are very slim, and I can't use online dating, because just about everyone is older than me. One way I already thought of was the youth group up at my church, but when I went there, I felt very awkward and shy. Its like everyone knew each other, and they were all in deep conversation, and I didn't know what to say. I know that that wasn't the reality, but I just always tense up around new situations. I went up to some people, said "hi" and asked where they went to school, but that's as far as I got. It just seems like everyplace that I read that is suggested as a good place to meet women, they age group is above mine. What should I do?

Whats so bad about older woman? I bet a 21+ year old would teach you a thing or two^^

Are there any females in your group of friends that might be able to hook you up with one of their girlfriends? Networking isn't just for careers!

Well, first off, I don’t think my parents would think very highly of me having a 21+ year old gf. I don’t have a very big group of friends at all, not that I have a problem with that. Outside of my school, I only have 2 friends and they are both guys, and I hate to sound mean but I don’t think they are any better with girls than I am. So, like I said, there is only one girl at my school, and she and I are not all that buddy buddy. We’re more close acquaintances if you’d like to put it that way.

Maybe try getting involved in some groups/activities on local college campuses?

I’m a senior in HS, and don’t yet go to college. Could you explain to me more about how I would fit in at a local college campus?

Are you thinking about going to college next year? If so that will be a golden opportunity to meet people.

In the meantime, even if you're not a college student yet, there would be sports events, homecomings, etc. that the general public can go to. There should be people your age there. Not only would you meet people, but it gives you a chance to learn more about the college to see if it's a place you'd like to go yourself.

BellaDonna