online personal ad thingies

now_better

i was reading some posts on this website and someone mentioned Yahoo personals, so i thought i would go over there and check it out. the lame thing was after you look at a couple of profiles, you have to create one. rather than clearing my cookies, creating a new yahoo profile (or whatever they use for tracking), i figure i'll do one for fun since i've never posted an online ad before. so here's my first attempt that i made in like 2 min. let me know what you think... hehe

"haha"... do you do this often? please apply here! i love people who can laugh at themselves and the world around us (because the world is a very strange and indeed, funny place). i'm laid back (this is probably the #1 self-descriptive term) so i will be different. i am REALLY laid-back... there ladies, an extreme form of laid-backness, you might not be able to handle it.

i'm not a party/clubbing/bar-hopping person, more of "let's go out and do something" like play basketball, swimming, ice skating, skiing, surfing, skydiving (or maybe not this last one), whatever kind of person. long walks on a beach... sounds like fun too.

i'm all about the simple life. living and loving what you have and what you don't need in life. if you travel a lot, you'll understand what i mean.

i'm a product of the UCLA school of engineering (bachelors) and also USC school of engineering (masters). both schools are great, but i'm a Bruin to my dying days no matter how many times the Trojans dominate in football.

my two newest hobbies have been working out and traveling. the world is an awesome place and I'm always looking for someone to share new adventures with.

and most importantly of all... you must be a hugger. don't even bother messaging if you don't like hugging, cuddling all day long because you'll hate me. haha, well's that enough about me and what i want. tell me about you!

edit: i hate to be cruel or anything, but the quality of some of the personal ads in Yahoo personals make me wonder "did you graduate from elementary school?" i'm too mean.

edit #2: revised my ad to include more blah.

You've got to follow your passion. You've got to figure out what it is you love--who you really are. And have the courage to do that. I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams and come foreward to self you and express thee you are. Let us not misunderstand what courage really is. The absense of fear is the courage of the mad. Doing what is right in the presense of fear, is the courage of the noble and the courage of the lesser self. Be who you wanna be, not who others choose to see. As the spirit of self respect can handel the inner quiteness of the long lasting witholding of love and the flesh it is most to be prout of the self thee to withstand the flesh and explore the heavenly glory of sexual content even after all this time. Mike you have to break loose from the cage your in, we are no eagles but we can fly in our dreams and the freedom that comes along with it you should feel in real life. Your couragement to express yourself to me privatly is most repectfull.

The brave may not live forever, but the cautious don't live at all.

yah, when i look back at those times - i really felt like a pioneer. there were only a hand ful of people i new that had done that while everyone else frowned upon it - saw it as a 'last resort' - loserville. and, in many cases, these sites are filled with questionable folk that all have various reasons for even being there in the first place. i knew a woman that tried that the same time i did and we would compare notes. she would get 'first messages' from men that would state 'hi. i am in love with u. would u marry me and come live in japan with me.' or, 'wow! u are hot! lets get it on!'. and i would get messages from 60 year old biker chicks that lived 500 miles away from me and they would send me a message saying 'i like your picture - that's all i needed because i am your soulmate. please send me 600 bucks so i can get out of jail because i have been kidnapped'. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhesssssh. yah, those were the best days! lol

to be honest, i think i probably have a couple profiles still up and running, ones i set up as a lark from boredom, that i never even checked back on. i remember having a myspace thang for a while to simply chat with people that seemed interesting to me but in almost every case, the 'story' of their life was so freaking weird - that even just talking about everyday stuff seemed kinda spooky. i still keep getting emails from a couple of sites to inform me that 'someone has shown interest' but because i never wrote down the info, there is no way i could delete them - and so i just don't pay any attention. all this to simply say, anytime i have gone on a site to 'find' someone to 'connect' with [twice] - somehow the fickle finger of fate points me and the other person in the direction of each other almost immediately [usually within a couple of weeks] and then i just stop going to those sites because - well, duh!

stay kewl

27 ways to make a girl smile . . . . .

*1 . Tell her she is beautiful, not hott, fine or ***y.

*2 . Hold her hand at any moment even if it just for a second.

*3 . Kiss her on the forehead.

*4 . Leave her voice messages to wake up to.

*5 . Always tell her you love her at any and all times.

*6 . When she is upset hold her tight and tell her how much she means to you.

*7 . Recognize the small things . . . they usually mean the most.

*8 . Sing to her no matter how horrible your voice is.

*9 . Pick her over all the other girls you hang out with.

*10 . Write her notes. {she loves them}

*11 . Introduce her to family and friends as your girlfriend.

*12 . Play with her hair.

*13 . Pick her up, tickle her and play-wrestle with her.

*14 . Sit in the park and just talk to her.

*15 . Tell her funny jokes, tell her stupid jokes, just tell her jokes.

*16 . Throw pebbles at her window in the middle of the night just because you missed her.

*17 . Let her fall asleep in your arms.

*18. Carve your names into a Tree.

*19 . If she's mad at you, kiss her.

*20 . Give her piggyback rides.

*21 . Bring her Flowers just because.

*22 . Treat her the same around your friends as you do when your alone.

*23 . Look her in the eyes and smile.

*24 . Let her take as many pictures of you as she wants.

*25 . Slow dance with her, even if there isn't any music playing.

*26 . Kiss her in the rain.

*27 . If your in love with her . . . Tell her.

i hate to be cruel or anything, but the quality of some of the personal ads in Yahoo personals make me wonder "did you graduate from elementary school?" i'm too mean. thought the exact same thing. And what about the ones who can't spell ATALL???? It's not just yahoo, it's ALL of them.......don't know where you are, but in my part of the world it's the same profiles over and over for literally years.. and lots of times they'll wink (or whatever) you respond, then you never hear from them again, but the profile is still there!

Online personals. Don't get me started on 'em. The majority of the women (99% of them) are looking for some tall, handsome hunk who DOESN'T EXIST. You would think that being single and lonely would have given them some wisdom.

Ever checked out their height preferences? It always runs something like

5'8" to 7'11"

5"11 to 6'5"

I can understand tall girls wanting a a tall guy but SHORT girls do this too! I have seen many short girls (less than 5'2") even going so far as saying "I'm a cute sexy shortie" or some crap like that, but they want a guy who is a foot taller than them! It makes me so mad.

Oh I am 5'6" if anyone is wondering.

first day and i already have a reply (and it was a cute 21 yr old girl)... and tonight, a girl gave me her phone number... i feel like it's all going to go downhill from here. someone just shoot me. lol

new_horizons, "5'8" to 7'11""... i would love to see what a girl said to someone that was 7'11" that replied to her especially if she was 5'2". that size would make Shaq look like a baby.

my parents (and the magic of "milk") blessed me with a 6' frame, but i'm not really the handsome type. more of the lucky type.

new_horizon, i was talking to a good friend of mine that's a girl and she was telling me that the guys have to have a bit of a backbone. so you can be nice to a degree. just don't overdo it, it makes you look fake and weak.

omg, i was going to reply back "hi" and i have to subscribe and pay $25 to use this thing??? this person probably works for Yahoo!

Actually, New Horizions, I don't think she's kidding... after all, women are as different as men are, and look at the wide variation in what we guys like!

If the women you're finding don't like that kind of treatment, possibly you're not meeting a very wide spectrum of women.

BlueFire, I like the way you think. Your posts here have been very insightful.

Bluefire, you've got to be kidding me. Girls don't like guys who are all sweet and soppy romantic like that. If they did, I'd have a dozen girlfriends now. I'm that kind of guy and I'm desperately trying to change myself. Girls want someone who doesn't pamper them all the time.

I do! Gimme your number! (j/k)

First of all, I would stay away from online personal ADS. The dating sites can be okay, but the adds are just asking for trouble. They've done research with them and ALOT of weirdos use personal ads.

Second, i would not suggest doing any of the things bluefire says until you are actually in a relationship.

Yahoo Personals is suppose to be one of the biggest dating sites out there. it's kinda boring to look at it though. it's like a huge meat factory. i think i've looked gone through the closest 1000 girls to San Diego and it's ... blah. just nothing interesting or good matches... i'm going to go become a monk. i hate you world! hehe

richie, definitely agree w/ the latter comment. pretty easy to score a lot of "creepy guy" points if you go overboard too early. though i remember doing many of them w/ my ex...

edt: looking at Yahoo Personals, people are ridiculously picky on what they want (ala new_horizons said). my match is like "breathes air" whereas most of the girls are like "single - never married, atheltic/fit/superbuff, brown/auburn hair, friendly/clever/quick-witted humor"... i can't help but think that some people are limiting themselves to like .0005% of the population. but more power to them if they find something out there.

bluefire, i think aurian was joking to new_horizons. but thanks for the info.

just when i had given up on life, i get another yahoo wink/msg/whatever you get (yahoo probably noticed i didn't pay $25 w/ the first attempt). hmm... seeing as how a girl gave me her number last week and i still haven't built up the confidence to call her yet (one of these days...), i'm not even sure what the point of this is. i don't even need a girl to reject me, i do a pretty good job of it myself.

hmm, and this new girl reminds me of my ex... ... and she's a paying member, she actually sent me non-generic words. maybe it's time for me to enter the dating pool (for the first time in my life... eeks). i'll sleep on it...

Well, to me, it seems like it might be worth paying $25 a month if you think you might use a site for a month. You get to try meet a few people and set up dates. Seems better than sitting in a bar by yourself sending $8 drinks to ladies in the hopes for a date

Well, to me, it seems like it might be worth paying $25 a month if you think you might use a site for a month. You get to try meet a few people and set up dates. Seems better than sitting in a bar by yourself sending $8 drinks to ladies in the hopes for a date

thanks aurian. i actually tried to sign up last nite and again tonight, but yahoo doesn't want my money. technical difficulties... how can one of the biggest websites on the web have technical difficulties with their payment system (this is how they make money right???). apparently this is a common problem as i found other users through google that mentioned the same thing... heads would roll if i managed there.

i'm totally not a bar person. i can count the # of bars i've been to in my life with one hand. they're so loud and inpersonal, not my idea of a fun place. and i don't drink much... i'm more of an orange juice and milkshake kind of guy.

and i dunno, but i think girls have it much easier on these dating sites. a typical self-description of them usually goes like this "hi! i like to laugh!". a guy could never get away with that.

Agreed, I hate bars myself, and other crowded places, so that kinda limits opportunities for friends and dates. I hear that women generally get more emails on those dating sites, so guys have to "work" a bit more on there. Neverless, sending emails and meeting women that way still seems easier/faster/cheaper than the bar scene or just hoping to bump into someone on the street.....