Just offered a job, are my plans valid?

Alright I was just offered a position as a analyst for 14/hr, about 30 miles away from where I am going to attend school in the spring. My plan was to get my appt in the area of my school and commute daily. My overall plan is to find a job in the area of my appt and school, or maybe with the school in a assistanceship program for my grad schooling. I suppose what I worry about is does it look bad to take this job and work for the 3 months or so during the 90-day evaluation period and then if i find a job near my appt, say I no longer want to work with them?

I know that looking for a job and such isn't bad persay, but is it wrong not to let anyone know about it for now? Not that I don't want to work for the company, just that I am trying to get to a good position to ballance work and school.

I wouldn't tell them up front that it might only be temporary. Go in there with great expectations and see what happens. If you do happen to find something better and close to your school then by all means go for it at that time - but don't go into this new place already thinking you're just gonna leave - and especially do not tell them that. All you're required to do is the 2 week notice thing...and just state personal reasons...the company doesn't need to know your exact reasons.

If you end up loving the job, you can always find a place half way between work and school! Just make sure you pick somewhere you LOVE. I moved into a highrise apartment in the city, hated it, and had to incur expenses and frustration to move almost back to where I started! I'm now living 2 streets away from my parents. So do some research on what's available close to school and half-way.

alright thanks for the help. i did my undergrad at this school, so i already know i like the area. I always thought it was bad form or somthing to leave a company after a few months, i know its just business and what not....somthing else, they said they are going to send me to boston for training, should i try to get that to happen after my evaluation period is up? i wouldn't want them to spend the money if i decide to leave.... and no i am going into it with high hopes, but i also want to keep my options open as well.