how long should a person wait?

SeaBisquit

Depends. I think if you have been attracted to each other for a long time while being friends, you can already be very close on a first date. It depends on how much you already know about each other, but also on how you met. If you met in a club, and meet the next weekend and have sex, I think you risk that loss of interest more than when you met in uni, became friends for a while, know each others friends, then finally date and sleep together.

If you are looking for an adventure yourself, there is no need to worry about things. If you have more serious feelings, it might be better to date a while before getting intimate. Use protection in both cases though

Ilse

The short answer: As long as you can!!!! Why not hold out as long as you can?! You have less to lose that way. And if you lose him, believe me, he wasn't worth it.

Don't put yourself into situations where it can even HAPPEN or you can come accross as leading him on... You'll see if you stay in public places, do active things, and avoid sexual comments then it's really easy to put it off long enough that you can tell whether he's into you for YOU or the sex.

The short answer: As long as you can!!!! Why not hold out as long as you can?! You have less to lose that way. And if you lose him, believe me, he wasn't worth it.

Don't put yourself into situations where it can even HAPPEN or you can come accross as leading him on... You'll see if you stay in public places, do active things, and avoid sexual comments then it's really easy to put it off long enough that you can tell whether he's into you for YOU or the sex.

Yes totally Agree!!!!!!! very well put Jayar

how long should a girl wait to have sex with a guy when they first start dating? do guys loose respect for a girl who chooses to have sex right away?

I dont think it really matters, prior to some more recent events with the girls I've dated lately...I used to think that a girl who gave it up really soon, i.e. first date, would be too easy, and I probably wouldn't really have any respect for her in the sense that it would become anything more than a hookup(no relationship). But...because I've begun to think about it more and more, I've gotten off this double standard where girls are supposed to hold out so they don't lose respect, and guys are supposed to have sex asap...that's hard to explain I think but the best way to put it is...sex is a 2(or more if you want) person thing, if she gives it up, so did I...it was a choice we both made, and in that sense I am as much to blame, or put responsibility on our actions as she was.