Is she interested?

odysseus77

Ok, maybe this is a common question around here, but I guess there are no two stories that are the same. So, I'll talk about my particular twist of the situation. There's this really cute girl that was in two of my college classes that I saw, and I noticed that no one ever sat next to her or talked to her or anything. So, I sat next to her and began talking to her, and we have had really fun conversations for the last week or so before and after class. We even found out that we are from the same city. I have even walked her to her car while talking to her after class (its on the way for me anyways). She seems to be enjoying the conversation, and is often smiling and laughing with me. However, maybe its just me, whenever I sense something that could be taken as that maybe she's not interested, then I take it that way. Sometimes they are very small things, but I kind of rationalize in my head that it must be her way of saying "buzz off" nicely. With her, these small things are: almost always, the conversation has to be started by me, but once it gets going it does go well....also, she doesn't really wait for me after class. She sort of just gets up and goes, and I have to get up at the same time or wait for her in

order to talk to her

Can anyone offer me some input on the situation?

?Maybe shes just shy

almost always, the conversation has to be started by me, but once it gets going it does go well....also, she doesn't really wait for me after class. She sort of just gets up and goes, and I have to get up at the same time or wait for her in

order to talk to her

Hmmm, I don't like these two things you wrote, but we can split hairs all day and night as to what is going on here.

The only way to find out is to ask her out...

Id say try ignoring her completely for a while..pretend that she does'nt really exist..and that u are preoccupied with something or someone else...and watch how she responds to that .....if she warms up after a week or so...then she probably has u on her radar...

kanoa

Those aren't hope inspiring indicators, but they aren't surefire clues that she's not into you. Some people are just overly pampered or don't deal well with rejection (so they reject first, even if the perceived rejection is somewhat irrational). Or she might not want to get your hopes up and so she's trying to distance herself.

Point is the clues are clues, yet they are vague at best. Find out more and see how she continues reacting. If it persists, test the waters like the other posters said and ask her out/keep your distance from her for a period of time to see how she reacts.

She could just be shy -- she might be scared of your not replying if she tries to start a conversation, or she might not be sure if you want her to wait for you after class or not. (Yes.. I am occasionally shy.. and I have done these kinds of things before.)

You could just bring it up casually in one of your conversations.. be like, "So, are you going to walk with me after class today?" or "So how come you don't wait for me after class?"

Ooh, or you can just ask her out subtly by making a bet, like, "If the professor's wearing that tie again, you have to buy me coffee." (of course you'd have to somehow lead up to that by mentioning the tie in a previous conversation..)

Okay, and definitely DON'T start ignoring her. If she really is shy, she's not going to do anything if you start ignoring her -- she'll just assume you've lost interest, and she won't have the guts to find out what's going on. (Yes.. I've done this too.)

And, I mean, if she sits alone, obviously either she's shy or antisocial. And since she's talking and laughing with you, then I'm guessing she's not antisocial.

This is just advice coming from me, as a shy girl. Other people might have better advice, I don't know. But seriously, I'm kind of shy and I'm pretty scared of rejection. And I do A LOT of things that make guys think that I'm not interested. Which can be a problem when I am interested, because then they think I'm not interested and back off.

And if she didn't want to get your hopes up, then she probably wouldn't be smiling and laughing with you.

Again, maybe I'm biased, but this is how I'm seeing the situation.