**Update** on Sex with ex of two years

heartbroken23

For background see the link....

SO texted my ex last nite to say that I had a special time with her on Fri. She wrote back that she doesn't think that she will ever stop loving me...that she is a mess righ tnow and never thought she would be going through the phase she is going through....and that she had a special time too.....how do I interpret this and what do i do or not do?

Heartbroken,

If I had sex with my previous ex recently and wanted something more, I certainly wouldn't tell her what I want. There would be no text message. There might be a few conversations, followed by a real date and then a simple kiss at the end of the date. You can't go from zero to 100, you need to re-establish everything if it's going to be a relationship again. One step at a time, but never asking her for anything along the way (i.e. "where is this going" or "do you want a relationship with me?")

Provide fulfillment for her, walk away. Do it again and again, without asking anything from her. No more texting her or bringing up sex again, unless she wants to talk in which case you merely listen.

I never said to ignore her.

Your communications with her should be pleasurable, light, and pressureless. I'm saying not to ask anything of her, such as a relationship or about your last sexual encounter. What I'm saying is to approach her lightly - don't launch a full blown campaign - give her some space but when you talk to her, keep it light and without any heavy subjects.

Good luck.