Where do I go from here?

forallseasons

I am in my second year of college at Cal.

During my first year, I lost relations with my girlfriend, and lost my will to become social with it. I met a few people my freshman year, but none I could call a close friend, nor did I find any kind of group to be with. In high school I had an extremely close group of friends, and felt like I knew a great portion of the people at school well.

This year, I am doing just a little better, but still find myself in the same place. I still miss someone to be with, if not necessarily my ex. I still haven't exactly found people I can call a group. I long to go party, meet new people, be part of a community, a group of people that will call me up to hang out, but I can't bring myself to. I keep telling myself my priorities are to keep up with my studying. I feel unmotivated to join groups and associations. I half know I should be doing this, but I just can't seem to. What do I do? I've never felt this way, a little bit of "just fine" and "lost" all in one.

When you are lacking motivation, the best thing is to stop "thinking" and start "doing". Don't look at *all* the things you would like to do... just pick one and make up your mind to do it... even if you don't *feel* like it.

I have often not felt like going out or getting involved in a group, but I do it anyway and it usually turns out to be a good thing.

Once you start having some small successes, they tend to build on each other and, before you know it, you're where you want to be.