he said he likes me... now what's his deal??

SarCareBear

what's the deal with a guy who said he liked me and wanted to talk about a relationship, or consider seeing "us" go somewhere, but now acts dead to any of my flirting?

we live accross the hall from each other in college. we've never gotten together, and we never discussed things like we planned. i really like this guy a lot, and we get along so perfectly.

so here's my question to guys... what does his steering clear of advances with me indicate? do you think he changed his mind, and just doesn't want me to feel bad? what is the deal here???

Definitely! Instead of second guessing his intentions all the time, perhaps the best way to go about is to have a chat with him about this. Tell him that you're interested too.

It must have taken him a great deal of courage to express his feelings for you, perhaps it's time you did the same.

Well sounds like he's having second thoughts. But if you really like him, you should do something about it. Ask him out for coffee and ask him if he still feels the same about you, cos your feelings for him haven't changed. After all, it's unfair to you if he expects you to wait while he drags his feet about this!

Anyway, what exactly did he say to you? i don't see how a guy can say that he likes you then pretend not to know that he said it.

i text messaged him one night after we went back to our rooms to go to sleep, saying like ahh i'm barely even tired, or something to that effect. and he answered back saying "yeah, i was just thinking about you". then i asked him if he wanted to come over, but he said he wants to talk tomorrow, if that's cool with me, he doesnt want to rush. so i also said that was cool. then we talked the next day about how rushing would be a bad idea, because we have the same group of friends and we all live in the same hall at college, it could get messy.

however, a few weeks later, he texted me again to say goodnight or something. i told him again taht i'd like to see him.. he said lets talk again tomorrow, i just want to communicate some stuff, its been a while since my last relationship. i said okay that's cool i really want to see you soon and stuff, and basically, that i'm waiting. and he's like, okay, it's really cool that we've established this.

flash forward several weeks later... nothing. so what i'm saying is, what went wrong here, and why is there currently nothing?

i feel you man! i dont know what is going on with mine one too its just driving me up the wall cuz i was in cloud 9 when i believed he and i would finally be a couple, but now its like oookkaaayyy, you brought me all the way up just so you could bring me down rock bottom huh, ouch... i'm still waiting for something to happen and i'm not sure whether i should make the move, or should i just wait for him to do so

So am I right to say that he expressed his feelings for you 2 months ago and has done nothing since?

If that's the case, then either he no longer feels the same about you, or he has reservations about this relationship. The ball is clearly in his court, you've waited for 2 months and he's done nothing but to drag his feet.

If I were you, I'd move on to a guy who actually cares! No point waiting for him. If you must, drag him out for coffee and ask him bluntly if he still feels the same, and that if he still doesn't want to do anything about it, you'll move on. Remember, be assertive with this kind of guy!

You deserve better, it's as simple as that!