Why?

MewSkitty

Whenever I read about someone dying, I cry for hours. Why do I care so much about people I never even knew? It's not like they matter right? I hurt so much knowing a life has ended, I care about everyone so much I wish I could die in place of them. Why? Why do I care when no one else dose? I can't help anyone, I'm a no body, so why did a no body have to bear such a big burden? I wish I could die in place of someone, to save someone's life. I live in the middle of no where, I can't save a life, or anything like that. I wish there was something I could do. I can't do anything worth being remember for. Why bother living when you won't be remembered?

Sorry, but hearing about the poor girls death made me hurt, I just needed to rant to help me feel better.

Mew you have changed every life you have tuched, you HAVE saved lifes you never new about, this is nothing wrong with crying over the death of some one, feelings are the highest forms of human behaver its what sets us apart as animales, we have in our head a vast set of nurrons that are conected mimic what other feel, when we see some one in a film bang there shin we feel it some times, thats us feeling what others feel, its the key to being human EMPAITHY no other animale has it or shows it to the level we do,

You cry becuse your human and that is a grate thing

Hmm well yes it is weird you crying about Leah so much, most people only really suffer from death when it's someone they know...I guess it's a defense mechanism and yours is set to lower than most's.

Hey if you want to help people so much that's great and kudos to you...no need to be sad about it why not become a policeman, fireman, paramedic, doctor, psychiatrist whatever you get the picture...then you can deal with situations where someone needs help daily

Chances are I won't become fit. The only exersize I get is the constant pacing I do. I'm on a diet right now and probably will be on for years to keep at a regular 90 lbs. The diet makes me a little weak due to lack of eating. Also, I don't want to gain more muscle, I like being a wimp.

Trust me love, if you are that sensitive, it would probably not be a wise decision to become a counselor. You would take all their problems home with you everyday and it would eat you up inside.

Sweetheart, you are just a very sensitive person. There's nothing wrong with that. There should be more people so kind and loving in the world.

Many hugs, and don't worry. Leah is definitely in a better place.

MewSkitty, I know how you feel. I've cried for people I don't know, and I don't know why. I remember 9/11 and the whole shock of it all, from that day to a few days later and how numb I was. Then I thought about every individual, not the event and the people as a whole, and started crying as if it were for each soul that lost their life that day. I don't know what it is and part of me wishes it would go away!

I don't know what to tell you as I am as lost as you are. You can start off with some sort of charity, donations, anything that can help your fellow man/woman and put a smile on their face. Not being "in the fire" so to speak so that you are involved with them directly, but behind the scenes. I agree about not being a councelor. I tried that for a couple of days, talking to people about their problems. There was this one time when this middle aged lady was talking about all of her problems, crying endlessly and minutes later we were BOTH crying. My boss had to get someone to fill in for me because it turned into a crying session, but the funny thing is, the lady got a good laugh from it. I quit two days later. Looking back on it, it's a funny scene for some type of sitcom, but to me, that moment, it was painful to go through and I would never do it again.

One word, empathy.

Such a blessing, such a curse.

I am 24 now so I have found ways to control it....sort of

I've come to realize that in this world, there is not only infinite suffering, but that there is infinite beauty as well.

And to end this with an appropriate quote:

Buddha once said, "your suffering is my suffering".

I wish I could believe she was in a better place, but I'm Buddhist, not christain. I used to be christain, but then I started studying Physics and leaner the truth about all god practicing religions.

We don't know if she's in a better place, a worse place or no place at all...we can only hope.

• 2 years later...

Archived