Any thoughs, is it ok to ask a reason to no 2nd date.

thomasthetank

Hi guys sorry to be a pain, Ive posted before, but very quickly again met girl about 2 weeks ago, met up twice and had one date. Not past talk, light heart convos and contact between is has been shared apart from last 2 or 3 times when I was sorting out 2nd date. Contact has only been every other day or 2 days apart and just hi how are etc, and just sorting out when to go for a date. Not asked past question and been really cool about it. Contact mostly by text, did try to call once but she didnt answer, so not sure if she felt nerves speaking on the phone. She did say she felt a bit shy. Any hows she cancelled 2nd date saying she was not well. What had me confused was she sent her new mobile number a few days before this, contacted me day before 2nd date to make sure we where still going, then day of date she cancelled. She had asked me out for first date and I ask her out for 2nd.

She said she would be free all next week and to get back to her. Left things for about 2 days after this, sent her a text asking how she was and was she up for going for a bite to eat if she was ok. No reply which was a bad sign, didnt understand her signals. Tried again day later, she replied saying she had nice time but wanted to leave it at that. Should I have ask was there any reason.

Feedback I got last time was suggesting I was playing some game not sure if the ppl replying where reading another post but this was noway the case. Kept the contact light and 50/50. Ive just been cool, only contacted her when she asked and as I said seen her in fact it was 4 times we have met up and one being our first date, and it seemed to have gone well. Just a bit stumped on this one, and felt it was rude to just send me a text saying leave it at that with out some sort of details. But I replied back to no worries thanks for being honest.

Any thoughs thanks.

Maybe she got turned off by all the texting. I don't think at the start of getting to know someone it should be mainly by text. It shows disinterest because you can't have serious getting to know you conversations by texting.

Also girls still like to be called, they want to know that you made the effort to pick up the phone, even if its to say hi for a second.

hey thomas -

You know, I wouldn't call and ask. Maybe she just didn't feel a connection or chemistry - whatever it is people need to feel to want to go on a second date. May not be anything you did wrong, she could have just felt you weren't the right guy.

or maybe an ex came back into her life, and she wanted to give things a shot with him again. you never know.

Hmm.... I have asked before, why things didn't work after 2 dates, and it's just an uncomfortable talk, and if I had it to do over, I wouldn't have asked. It's not like a breakup of a relationship, where you really have a right to know what went wrong, but after 1 date, most likely, she just didn't feel the chemistry was right....

sorry. oh well, on to the next girl....

If I went out on a date with a guy and the guy called me asking why there was no second date, I would find that conversation VERY uncomfortable and weird. I also dont think you would get an honest answer from the girl why there was no second date. I agree with Annie, just chalk up to "you guys didnt click" and move on.