Should I go?

New_Horizons

Okay, some of you know me already. I am a really shy guy and I've never had a girlfriend. There's just 'something' about me that turns off the majority of girls. It's like they don't notice me. Anyway, there's a sort of get-together (not really a full blown party) next week open to anyone who brings food, and most of the people don't know each other. I know there will be a lot of girls there. One part of me is egging me on to go just to get social practice. But another part of me is terrified at the idea.

GOOOO!!!

OMGOSH! It would be great if you went!! I bet you can fork out the couarge to go

What if you take a friend along with you?

I think shy guys are the best! So dont feel like you turn girls off, just give them a chance to get to know you... I bet your a great guy!!

WOOT!

Oh and if you decide not to go, you might have the 'what if' factor in your mind, I think you should give it a shot!

Good luck!!

One part of me is egging me on to go just to get social practice. But another part of me is terrified at the idea.

I know the feeling...This is probably not a good suggestion, but do like me: Now that I'm in my more anti-social state, and don't like to be around people much anymore, everytime there's a social event of the sort, I go, check it out, grab some food, and if I like the people/find someone to talk to I stay. If not, Oh well, at least I got the free food and just leave with a full stomach

One part of me is egging me on to go just to get social practice./QUOTE]

Good point!

Go just for the heck of it. No expectations, positive attitute, bring some unique food, mental list of things to talk about, maybe propose some games.

Have fun, and don't over analize.

Do you even know what women feel so unapealing about you?

I would go to the get together. I don't know if I would be the one to suggest games being your don't seem like the confident type. Going scripted isn't such a great idea either. Just go and be yourself. I would recommend like above, to bring a friend so you don't end up standing there by yourself.

DBL

I say go. You have nothing to lose....

Be confident when you walk in, (even if you're not...shoulders back, head high, when you walk in look like you've spotted someone you know and smile...people are drawn to this...its been proven!)

Enjoy the party...go with the attitude...if i don't like it i can leave at any time.

GOoooooooOOOOo!!