I really like him but having a boyfriend terrifies me!

Blured

I might my friend Alex a few weeks ago at school. Since the start we've been good friends, which has sparked alot of rumours. So much so hat my friend has been trying to play matchmaker, and through her 'helpful' infomation she has forced us to realise that we could easily become a couple.

He told her in confidence (She told him she could help him, he believed her ) that he thought he loved me, and that whenever he was apart from me he felt really low.

I told her I might want to go out with him. Recently we've (the whole group of us) have been holding hands and basking on the field, when me and Alex did this she assumed it was okay to tell us both all the infomation (or to be more accurate, she has already both told both of us what we had said, we just didnt know the other knew.. confusing I know!) He's started hugging and holding me now, which before was nice, and now is scary! Why did I want him before and not now? I feel under pressure and have become shy and pretty antsy. I've never had a boyfriend before, or even a proper kiss (I'm 16), and its all terrifying!

Well are you being pressured to do anything?

If you feel pressured to date him and you don't want to, tell him honestly that you're too young to be in a serious relationship or that's not something you want for yourself right now. You do have school, friends, family, etc to focus on and sometimes having a boyfriend is overwhelming. Just let him know. If he cares about you, he'll be fine with that and just want to hang out, but if he just wants a girlfriend, expect him to bolt. But that's the most mature way of handling it I can think of.

Is it just unfamiliarity (fear of the unknown)? Unless he is doing something to make you uncomfortable (ie. pressuring you to do things), take it easy. Enjoy it. A lot of people would love to be in your shoes. You can always break it off later, but you can't piece it back together if you change your mind. You never know, you might think differently a week from now.

Have you had a boyfriend before? This happened to me with a boy. Though... my situation was different. I dated him and felt disgusted and freaked out. After that I realized I was lesbian. Not sure that's your situation though but what I can tell you is you look like you have been rushed in too far. Usually people slow down when it comes to dating, or maybe you aren't attracted to that actual person.