Emotional Turmoil...

sumguy

Whatever it takes to get your mind off of it man; a good meal, a movie, a project, some work. Walking is probably the healthiest stress release i know, but if you're talking about running accross the continent- It might be wise to back up first and look for a new perspective on the issue.

I'm reluctant to advise it, but maybe detach yourself a little

look at things objectively.

I think you need to talk it out man, with some one who can be constructive, a good friend might be an idea? Someone your comfortable talking to. Its not good to keep these things bottlled up, you need to talk it out with someone, i believe the only way you can help yourself is by asking for it.

listen to slow music andrest yourself somewhere comfortable while doing so, let yourself drown within the music for awhile, maybe even sleep a bit.

If that doesn't work, go for a bike ride, it's a good way to notice your surroundings more.

Invite a few friends over and watch a movie you all enjoy (possibly comedy is the best) and afterwards have a meal together and sit around and have a good chat.

If that doesn't work, try working out, go for a run and do some weights or something.