Getting a Mole removed.....???

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten a mole removed? weird question I know...it's just that I have this mole on my leg it's not raised or anything. ( meaning it's flat) it's about the size of my thumb. It's embarrassing and I want it gone. I was just wondering if it looks worse with the scar afterwards? and how much it costs too!? because insurance doesn't cover it because it's "cosmetic". Any info would be appreciated. thanks.

I had one removed from my shoulder a few years ago, it was raised and about 2/3 the size of a pea. The only regret is not getting it done years sooner. There's a skin colored scar there the same outline as the mole was.

It was completely pain free for me. They put some numbing shots in my skin in that area, cut it out, put in a few stitches, I went back a week or so later to get the stitches out. No problem at all. When it started to heal, it was a little itchy, no big deal.

I had one removed from my shoulder a few years ago, it was raised and about 2/3 the size of a pea. The only regret is not getting it done years sooner. There's a skin colored scar there the same outline as the mole was.

It was completely pain free for me. They put some numbing shots in my skin in that area, cut it out, put in a few stitches, I went back a week or so later to get the stitches out. No problem at all. When it started to heal, it was a little itchy, no big deal.

did u have to pay?

did u have to pay?

Oh, sorry I was going to mention that. It was covered by insurance, first it was right on top of my shoulder where my bra goes and my purse, backpacks, etc, so sometimes it would actually get snagged and bleed. Second, a mole can always be a potential cancer spot, so yes, if you have insurance, most likely it will be covered.

You'd probably have to do an initial consultation with your doc, let him know you'd like it removed, and will insurance cover it? Then he will probably say yes, and schedule you a time to come in and get it removed. I'm not sure about those wide flat ones like you have. I know someone else with one like that. I still think it can be removed though. There would be a scar as yours covers more area than mine did.

I got a couple on my back removed (as you can tell from the thread, those are the ones doctors worry about the most). I think my pants irritated the second wound and it took a few years for it to turn from red to white and now both are mostly unnoticeable. The thing about moles is they actually have roots to them that reach deep inside the dermis, so they can't just be scraped off, they have to be cut off. The resulting scar will depend on how your body handles such things.

The size of your mole may meet danger criteria. Others are discolouration or uneven pigmentation of the mole, an irregular border, or if you've ever experienced any unprovoked bleeding from it. Really, any change in size, shape, or colour is enough to get a doctor worried. I've got a pea-sized spotted one on my ankle and asked a doctor about it once, and she basically told me not to worry.

Your mole probably isn't the big deal you think it is, but explore your options if it really bothers you.

my sister got a bunch removed that were cancerous and my mom thinks i have one too. i guess thats why insurance covered it lol. it really depends on how much is connected though. if its a "tag" its barely haning on and it wont hurt very much, but if it doesnt really stick up kind of like a freckle it will hurt really bad

I had a mole removed from my head a couple weeks ago.

First they inject the anesthesia (whatever, that numbing thing) and then they take a razor blade and take it out. It does hurt a little bit but it is FAST. They just take it right out. It will hurt for like 5 minutes and then you'll get over it.

Insurance pays a bit for it, but you will have to pay as well..I don't know much about it..

My doctor only removes 1 mole per visit, that pisses me off..