ideas for a first date

khujo56

HI Guys

I'm meeting a girl for a date this sunday. This will be our first date so i'm not sure on what to do. She did say that she does not want to do the dinner or coffee thing. I have not suggested this to her but i would like to take her to a baseball game (if she likes the sport). What do u think..good idea. Any other ideas on what to do for going on a first date

A baseball game sounds nice but it can be awkward,

I had an ex take me to one, and I felt slightly awkward,

Because I wasn't completely familiar with the sport,

Can you maybe take her to an art show or a museum or something,

I think outdoor museums are great places to talk and enjoy yourselves,

Could just be me though.

Hugs,

Rose

Since she doesn't seem to want dinner, then it should be an activity date. Examples include walking in high foot-traffic areas such as a park, outdoor event, mini-golf, bowling, or other place where you can talk and do/see something simultaneously. The idea for a first date is to have fun, learn something about her, and to keep it light. Sitting through a game might not appeal to her on a first date unless she's a fan.

Good luck and have fun.

Unless she's a sports fan, it might not be the best place for your first date. It's better to do something more interactive, something in which you aren't spectators but actually doing something together. The ideas that rose2summer gave are great because you can have conversations easily about the displays.

If you like doing physical things, how about mini golf? Cheesy, I know, but something along those lines is always good for a first date.

If you live in a city then try an ethnic shopping neighbourhood. In Toronto for instance there are places like Chinatown, Little Italy, etc. that have shops, bookstores etc. It's great to walk around look at the interesting stuff and sometimes they have street performers and so on.

And if you both want to stop for refreshment at some exotic place so much the better.

I think getting ice cream and walking around would be nice. Like a city center or a fair, if there is one in town. look at the newspapers in the Arts and Life section and see what is going on this weekend. I think for the first date, it shouldn't be more than 1-2 hours long. If you two are having a good time, then great, you can extend it, but you don't have to plan a day long activity. just an hour or two of walking and talking would be good.

Take her out to lunch. Eat outside, something light then go walk it off. Stop and get ice cream or coffee whatever but just walk around for an hour. If she gets tired and starts complaining, tell her to hit the treadmill and slap the ice cream out of her hands. Or just go play pool or go bowling, just don't show off, its not about winning, its about sharing time together, remember sharing is caring.