is it the same?

pacopaco

is the feeling of betrayal the same when a person leaves you for a reason other than cheating? is your self-esteem shot, and and your ego bruised too? if the feelings are the same, than what is different from a cheating situation to one where you just didn't get along, etc? I'm just curious. do you still feel like you are "less than...?"

Nope is the simple answer for me!

I can get over a relationship a lot easier when 'things weren't working out' etc. There is no betrayal in that - it is simply feelings which are honest. Its alot easier to there fore move on, and you don't have so much resentment..

Cheating is simply the low of the low. I think its the intention. If you cheat on someone, the chances are you will hurt them when they find out. You thereforeeee have done something very cruel to another human - with your eyes wide open, which in turn leads that person to a life of 'not trusting' men.

In my eyes there is never a reason to cheat. If you don't want to be in a relationship - get out. Do it honestly. It doesn't hurt half as much.

As you can probably tell - quite a 'touchy' subject for me !! lol xx

i guess i've been holding it inside...i was trying not to let me feel it...i don't know why today...the only woman i ever loved...when i was depressed and couldn't even stand...she left me...told me she was going to what we agreed...and i was told she just went from me....i freaking collapsed trying to keep things toghether...and she went and cheated with someone.,..made me beg like a dog...what? i don't wanna feel like this...i am preety close to...

i need some help

I would say it's not the same at all. Cheating give you closure, and even though it hurts like anything, you can move on emotionally.

Relationships that fizzle or just don't work out leave a lot of unanswered questions, and for me a lot longer period of time.

Good luck to you.

and hurt myself

don't go hurting yourself, man! i know sometimes there's nothing like a bottle of something for a good cry, but don't do it all the time. relax, let the pain move through you, it's the only way. I was cheated on. we together for 7 years. this happened in February, and i'm still hurting, i'm angry and disappointed.

don't hurt yourself. sit, think, feel, let the emotion move in you until it moves out of you.

For me - They both offer the sense of rejection.

However, If the guy cheats, there's room to justify it as "he just couldn't keep it in his pants" so to say. He couldn't handle commitment or respect. And ssssurely not every guy will do that.

When things just don't work out, I feel a huge sense of failure on top of the rejection. Kinda like "I failed. There is something wrong with me. I'll always be alone." Then comes the long period of trying to evaluate and fix whatever was wrong (lose weight, less worries, finish college, get a better job - might I add the worries is the only one that I can see needing to work on in reality.)