Why am I going backwards?

downbroken

I haven't posted in a while becasue I thought that I was over the fact that I was no longer with my ex and that she was with someone else. I was wrong. I started thinking about her all the time. I have dreams about her every other night. The dreams it is mostly about us getting back together. Other times she is just there by my side. Recently at my son's soccer game I saw all her family. Everyone but my ex she was working. There where really nice to me, almost like me and my ex never split up. They still treated me as part of the family and I enjoyed it because I have missed that so much. I hung out with them and had a good time. The weird thing is that she has been really nice to me all of a sudden. Making small talk and cracking a joke here and there. She smiles at me more and even makes eye contact with me now. All this after I have already started thinking about her again. I don't know how to take this. Is it that maybe she is finally over me and feels that she can talk to me like any other person. Or is there more to it like hope that maybe we can work things out. I know she was dating someone else, but I couldn't prove that they are together as of lately. Sould I go through with trying to talk to her or write her a letter? This is so much harder for me because she is the mother of my son. I would really would want to try. Please help

Thanks

Just curious, how long have the two of you been apart?

My advice would be to continue with the small talk and let it progress from there. Never a good idea to jump into heavy conversation too quickly. Be her friend and let that take root. It would also allow you to find out her relationship status in a way that is not uncomfortable.

I would also encourage you to be upbeat and optimistic around her. Womean LOVE men who are confident and emotionally independent. Compliment her casually without going overboard. Be nonchalant about things, but at the sametime interested in how things have been with her.

When we have deep feelings for a person, we always want results quickly and decisively, but unfortunately that is never the case. And when we push for it, we generally get results oppositie of what we had hoped. So please, take it slow.

I know that sometimes when I dream, I have intense feelings that I didn't realize. It's easy to let those feelings carry over into "real life".

I would be very casual and open, without pushing for more. It sounds like she may be ready to open up to you again... just don't force it.