Unique ideas needed

I'm a girl, 18 years old, very regular life, except the fact that due to a series of unexpected coincidences, I found myself falling in love and I'm now dating someone I met online. I am the last person I ever expected to meet someone online. We've been together for a year, and two months now. We've met once- it was magic. This fall I started college, but since he's younger than I am he's still in highschool, and has a job. He's been having a rough time now that summer's over; waking up, going to school, getting out and doing homework, then immediately rushing off to work for sometimes 7, 8, 9 hours. He'll come home and I'm on messenger waiting for him, and we have a short discussion then he goes to bed. I've been doing my best to be supportive and keep his spirits high- but I need help! I want to do more for him. If anyone has any suggestions to help keep the fires hot and the love of my life power-steaming ahead, please let me know. Thank you a lot.

-Janey

In a relationship people need to have time for eachother, because if you can never see eachother you might as wel consider yourself separated. I know you want more from this guy, but you can't always get what you want in life, and that causes some serious hurt. Personally if i where you id definitly ask him for the periods that he does have time and willingness to spend with you, and go for that. There's not much more then you can do then enjoy that little time that you have together, or stop it all to save you both from hurting and moving on with a partner that DOES have enough time to be with you.

Well you shouldn't wait by the computer or the phone all the time for him. But hopefully he can make a little time for you everyday to say hi or say that he's thinking of you. Maybe let him know how important he is to you.

Did you both agree to starting a long distance relationship? How far apart are you?

It's been my (bad) luck to be in a similar situation. Only the guy I liked lives in another country(different time-zones!!! ). I know him. He and I have some of the same friends... and we met at school, not online.

For a while we... I guess dated... but that quickly came to a hault. I think he was just lonely and saw me as some sort of comfort. We did the same as you and that guy you are dating.

We still talk once and a while.

But when it comes with relationships... there must be a physical aspect to add to it... MEN! Ha! Or else they get bored with the idea, and want to move on with someone else.

I know this wasn't much help. This was just an example of a long dist. relationship that had some of the same problems... this one ended.

I wish you the BEST. K.

Mucho