ahhh. pregnant

bebecole

so yeah the past few days i cant get it out of my mind that i might be pregnant. im not sure if im over reacting, About a month ago my boyfriend came home from the marines for leave. We used a condom everytime but didnt put it on until halfway thru intercourse. So i know there maybe a posiblity with precum and what not. Im maybe 2 or 3days late, So im not totally sure. Im at work rite now so on my way home i have to pick up catliter so i think i might go get a preg. test. But my question is if im only a few days late will the test work properly.??

Take a look at the instructions on the box. It may vary by brand, but it should state on the box how soon after a missed period it will give accurate results. Some of the tests can be used with a good degree of accuracy as soon as one day after a missed period.

If you're really concerned, you can get a package that has 2 tests and take one now and one in another week or so (if your period doesn't start in the interim). It'll save you making another trip tot he store.

Clear Blue easy and First Response are good ones.

YOu can get info about pregnancy tests also from a pharmacist.

Look for early response pregnancy tests. They are very accurate. There are no false positives as a test will look for a certain hormone that is only found in pregnant women.. I have heard of false positives but it is a case where a woman is pregnant and then miscarries sometimes early enough in the pregnancy so as to appear they were never pregnant to begin with.

I just dont see how someone can test positive that the hormone HCG is there if it wasnt there to begin with. Good Luck and I think you should get a test asap, because if you are pregnant you have alot to plan for and think about =)

Home pregnancy tests are quite accurate. False positives are not common, but you can get an "evaporation line" that's a faint positive when you are not pregnant. thereforeeee, you need to follow up a questionable test with another the next day. These things ARE, indeed, accurate by cycle day 30-ish, if your period is a day or two late, which is where you are right now. They cost like 15 bucks. Why wait? It can't hurt.

If I were you, in fact, I'd take one every other day until I got my period or a positive result. if you get neither, go to a doctor.