Fell in love with my best friend

Lisas

A while ago, I found out that I was falling in love with my best friend – yeah, the classic scenario. It's like you never buy into all of the clichés, until it happens to yourself.

I do tend to crush on people quite easily, but those are mostly so superficial (and pretty funny); it’s nothing like I feel this time around. He's been my friend for almost 8 years, and he has been with me through some very hard times. My life changed dramatically (for the better) last year; he helped me get through the hardest period in my life (family and stuff), which I’ll be thankful for the rest of my life, no matter what. We’ve always been really good friends, but it wasn’t until 2 years ago that we became best friends. We can talk about everything with each other and do so. There’s a mutual sense of respect between the two of us, something I cannot find myself having with anyone else. He’s basically everything I want in a guy, and it astonishes me to have realized it just recently.

We used to act like complete dorks around each other, yet when we needed someone to talk to, we knew where to find one another. But lately it feels like something has changed; it might be the fact that we’ve both matured a lot last year (we both started university, which turned life upside down). We definitely have another kind of friendship, something I can’t explain somehow. He’s always been such a genuine and supportive person, and I found out I was falling in love with him overnight. It’s like, all of a sudden, I woke up and found myself wanting to be with him; I saw him in a completely other light and my heart has been craving for him ever since.

Lately I've been sending out some rather classic signals, although it's so hard to tell whether he picks them up. Feeling the way I do, it’s like I’m (over)analyzing everything he says or does when I’m around. The way he looks at me, how he touches me, especially what he tells me. He would call me out of the blue, asking me how I feel, if I have had any results back from my doctor (I’ve been suffering from epilepsy, but it somehow might be over), telling me how he would love that etc... There was this other thing once, when I was feeling pretty down and I told him I felt like I was missing something in life, and that my life was pretty worthless, he answered ‘What about me?’. I can’t help but think (or hope, for that matter) that he was trying to tell me something. But that might all just be me overanalyzing things ;-).

A couple of weeks ago, he suddenly asked me to go to the movies and eat out afterwards with just the two of us, which we never do (other friends go with us otherwise). To this day, I’m still confused if I should interpret it as a proper ‘date’, or if it was just us, as best friends. I know that, as his friend, I’m ought to tell him how I feel and everything, but I can’t find the courage to do it, as I don’t want to risk what we have. Before telling him, I want to make sure there’s something on his side as well, but I can’t seem to get any clear sign. Basically, I have no idea whatsoever how I can be ‘certain’ or at least have a clue whether he’s feeling something as well.

Why not bring it up in a less obvious way. Mention that movie "My Best Friends Wedding" and ask him if he thinks a really good friendship can become a romantic relationship. Make sure that you are close to him and look him directly in the eyes when you say that and be serious in your tone and expression. No giggling. See what his reaction is.

try to tell him the truth.

saying, it happens usually between friends , but they get to know whats going on a long time later ,

also, he might have the same feeling sis

if u have the same feeling to each other, u will be such good lovers

goodlouck

iker