Hello,

I am 21, 22 in October and have a couple of concerns with how my life is going. I question my sexuality / morals, etc..

Right now, I've dated 1 female in highschool for nearly 2 years. I honestly was pushed into the relationship as I did not really like her like that-- but she was deffinitely a good friend to have, so I had to break up with her.

I am now in college, still shy and not dating - I find myself attracted to both sexes; I think male more than female, as I find males rather more sexually appealing to me instead of women, but women still appeal to me if they're the perfect girl (which there is one but she just married and I was too shy to do something before hand).

Anyway, so I move onto a forum about furries (Yes, I know, weird, but there are a lot of people like me there). Most of these people are around my age and in the same perdiciment; however, I figure most of them are more immature than me due to just how they act. Anyway, I meet another guy on the internet... We hit it off very well and we end up enjoying each others company VERY much.

I have not lied to him, other than my age; he was an older person (he just turned 25) and I had told him I was 24 as well, when I am really only 21, turning 22 shortly. Everything else I have told him is true and he absolutely is head over heels for me, as I am him. So I figure the 3 age difference won't be a big deal once I tell him I am 21 or 22 (depends on when I tell him) as we've only been talking for 5 weeks now.

Anyway, he lives in a different country and it will be some-time before we get to meet, but we would love to meet soon. However, there is a problem: I don't want to live a gay life-style; simply because I want a family. I want the typical wife and kid life-style to where I can coach my kid in sports and help him/her in school. With a gay guy, who doesn't want kids, it makes it difficult.

How do I fix this perdiciment? By the way, I am still a virgin in both areas.

If you're gay, you're gay. There's nothing you can do about it. You can't change your sexual preference.

One word of caution, this guy that you met on the internet could be lying also. Be careful.

If you seek out a girl to marry (and you're sure you're gay) then you would be denying yourself (and that girl) a chance to find true love. We only get one shot here....and you don't want to waste it.

Take time for yourself and discover who you are, what you want and how to get to 'that place' where you can accept yourself for who you are (and love who you are).

First of all, Thanks for replying. And you're right about we only have one shot-- however, I have a question about this quote below:

Take time for yourself and discover who you are, what you want and how to get to 'that place' where you can accept yourself for who you are (and love who you are).

I know that I want a kid and a family/wife -- a regular life; however, I am beginning to think that I just have not met the right woman to be with and now grasping straws on just whomever will open-up with me emotionally. Though what doesn't quite seem right with that is that I am sexually attracted to both sexes. (Being bisexual).

I know that I want a kid and a family/wife -- a regular life

We're raised to believe that being straight is more acceptable than being gay. Society caters to heterosexuality.

What if being gay was more acceptable? In those conditions, who would you favor having a romantic/sexual relationship with? Therein lies your answer.

I would imagine that the process of discovering who one really is/coming out, is long. Don't please others at the expense of denying who you are.

Again life is too short and it is best lived with authenticity.

hugs...

What if being gay was more acceptable? In those conditions, who would you favor having a romantic/sexual relationship with? Therein lies your answer.

I guess I would really need to buckle down and stop being so shy and actually go after either a female or male in the attempt of finding out what I really want.

As I have only had 'cyber' experience with a male, I am more persuaded to think that I want to be with a male, rather than a female.

Though it seems I get more compliments from gay guys than I do females in looks-- however, personalities, it goes both ways. And neither am I stupid; actually, quite smart so I hate not having the answer to my own personal problems when I have helped many others.