tranquil

Alrighty, so I met these two guys awhile ago, Z and R, and I consider both of them really good friends, and I've hung out with them both alot.

The thing is though, that Z likes me, he's actually told me that he likes me, and asked me out several times. I've said no all the times because I only consider him a friend, but he's told everybody he's friends with that he likes me.

His best friend is R, and they live together in an apartment. R is a little bit more good looking than Z, but I don't really look at that, because their both just friends...but I guess that does have a part in this problem.

A little while ago, R asked my friend J out, but she said no because she decided that she didn't like him, since then, me and R have been talking way more, and Z is getting all jelous, telling me that whenever him and R like the same girl, R usually gets the girl, but I know that R doesn't like me that way, so I told Z that I would never date R because he's not my type for boyfriendism.

I guess the whole point of this story is that I'm beginning to like R, and I have no idea what to do. I can't date R because Z would be all hurt, and I can't hurt him like that because he's an awesome friend. But don't think I'm leading Z on, I've told him clearly that I only see him as a friend and nothing more. And I know that I could date R if I wanted, all I have to do is tell him that I like him. But I just can't do that, I don't know what I'm going to do, because everytime I talk to R, I like him more and more. And I talk to R everyday. So this is getting dangerous. Haha.

So...any advice would be really really helpful. But pleeease don't tell me to stop talking to R and Z, because they are both really good friends, and I don't want to lose that friendship with them. I'm just so confused...

OK, my friend, who is a girl, just got in between two guy friends. Disaster ensued! It's a tricky thing!

If you want to stay friends with both of them, find someone to date outside your circle. If you like the one guy more than you value the friendship of the other, then start dating.

No reason to be confused - you either date one and complicate, possibly lose, your friendship with the other, or date a disinterested third party. Neither of these choices is wrong, you just need to analyze the costs and benefits of each potential course of action.

Good luck!