the story

I thought I was a stronger person. My bf of a year and half broke things off 9 days ago.

I barely eat(lost 7 pounds already) and I don't sleep well. I cry at the drop of a hat. I try to keep myself busy, but I have no motivative for anything. I feel like I'm slipping into a deep depression.

I really have no answers as to why he just walked away from everything we had.

This haunts me. I haven't contacted him recently, because I'm afraid of being rejected and I want to be strong.

Some words of encouragement would be appreciated...

i know breakups suck especially getting dumped. when i was first dumped things that helped me were reading things on here and spending time with people. it was just too painful to sit alone. as long as i was with people, i somehow managed to feel at least a little better. so maybe go spend sometime with friends. also good job on not contacting him. you're right hearing from him will just make you feel worse.

also make sure you're eating - i know it can be really hard - i never have an appetite when i'm depressed, but 7lbs is a lot to lose that quickly and you're probably feeling weak so make sure you're at least trying to eat something.

i know it's hard but things will get better. keep posting on here as long as you like. we're here for you : )

Hi Teddybear,

I'm sorry that you are struggling. Breakups are certainly never easy, are they?

I read your other post.... it really seems like your ex was indecisive and there was something about the relationship he wasn't ready for. Maybe it was the change in the dynamic once he was closer and spent more time with you, and he realized that wasn't what he wanted.

Either way, I know it's not easy for you, but try to focus on yourself and your 3 kids and getting past this....

Time is the only true healer and you know you just have to go through the pain and each day it gets a little easier. We are here for you when you need to vent.

((HUGS))