Tattoo to help?

i'm just curious, maybe this is in the wrong forum but i'll ask anyway, if anyone has gotten a tattoo to help with the healing process. not to represent loss and pain, but one to represent the need to remain ever vigilent of your heart and feelings...so that something like what happened doesn't happen again.

thoughts, comments?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Do not do it. See the link in my profile and click 'photos' to see all of mine. I have a phd and way too many tattoo's and I get judged on them all the time, wish i'd never started but I am able to tell people where to go.

A tattoo has to mean something and something that reminds you of a bad time is NOT it.

I can't stress this enough!

Mine is almost healed. It's one of the best things I ever did, and it means a lot to me. Mine represents triumph over the darkness, and brings joy whenever I see it. I was a lifetime anti-tatt (for me) guy, but this dumb bit of ink means a lot to me.

image removed

He said not to represent pain and loss. I myself, had actually been wanting one BEFORE the break, but never had any time. After the break, I got it done, and for me, it was somewhat soothing. It had NOTHING to do with the break, moving on, etc. It was my last names symbol meaning.

Then I went ahead and got a couple piercings LOL. I wouldnt say go out and get tatted up. If you were to get one, I'd make it something souly about you, nothing youre going to look back on 20 years from now, and remember this girl. Cuz that, you will regret.

Where on your body is that?

Would you take a friendly bet you cover it?

Mine is almost healed. It's one of the best things I ever did, and it means a lot to me. Mine represents triumph over the darkness, and brings joy whenever I see it. I was a lifetime anti-tatt (for me) guy, but this dumb bit of ink means a lot to me.

image removed

Closure,

I'm not trying to be contrary at all, but this guy on my calf is a wonderful reminder that I went through a time of misery that and popped out the other side grinning. I would never get arm or neck tatts for the reasons you addressed, although my lifestyle isn't very stuffy.

Since I live in California, my skinny legs are on display quite often.

California, wow you are so lucky!

I'm pleased as hell you're grinning, it's the most important thing buddy!

Closure,

I'm not trying to be contrary at all, but this guy on my calf is a wonderful reminder that I went through a time of misery that and popped out the other side grinning. I would never get arm or neck tatts for the reasons you addressed, although my lifestyle isn't very stuffy.

Since I live in California, my skinny legs are on display quite often.

i got a tattoo on my back shoulder blade, its of two lavender roses, one for me and one for my love (not one i have already but the one i will be with for the rest of my life)...i got mine because i had wanted one for a long time and it was a kind of healing for some of my past that i wanted to let go of. my b/f on the otherhand got a tattoo of a jerry garcia bear on the right side of his stomach, because people told him not to. mind you he is 18, and prolly won't keep the body he has now with how lazy he can be....but we all have our mistakes lol....

I was againts tattoo's growing up... strict religious household. I got one after I joined the Navy... depicting that of course. It's a good time in my life, and I'm proud of that. It will always be a permanent reminder of that time.

If coming out of a breakup makes you stronger, and you want to remember that time in your life... then do so.

I was considering getting either "HONOR" or "FREEDOM" on my left bicep as a part of my personal healing process, but now that I feel much better I think I might just go with this, the only image that I know I'll never get tired of looking at:

image removed

Beautiful, isn't it?

i'll be gettin a "B" somewhere on my body to represent my love for the local team...someday...tattoos can be damn expensive

I had a friend who had gone through alot of heartache, she got a tattoo to represent strength etc in a place no-one could really see, although I was there with her, just to remind herself never to endure such pain again. Even though I don't see her, I hear she is now married with a child.. the point is that she got her tattoo in a discreet place that didn't affect the way people look at her.

I have a Ph.D. too and would never thought I'd get a tattoo, but I did 2 weeks ago (4 months after the break-up) of a dragonfly...It symbolizes transformation, strength and change. It is a reminder to me and my new friends of the pain I've endured and the transformation of that pain (still transforming