My problem with food

Cbert

Hey why do i feel sick after everything i eat, like mild poisoning. Been to the docter a few times about it, but he just laughed and thought it was all im my head. I tried eating vegetarian and then vegan but i felt just as bad. The only thing i feel good eating is granny smith apples, bread and porridge. i also eat sardines with green veg. sardines are eaten more for protein and calcium. the problem here is i dont get enough calories and i worry about my osteoporosis.

2 things to look at:

1. Food allergies.. get tested.

2. If you are starving yourself by not getting enough to eat, you can start feeling naseus when you do. It is important to eat a well-balanced diet.

How old are you to be worrying about osteoporosis? Are you drinking milk? Are you taking vitamin supplements? I would suggest seeing a nutritionist. If you are in school or college, you should be able to see one for little to no money who could help you out.

It sounds possible that you could be lactose intolerant. They have pills that you can take that will make it so you don't feel sick after eating dairy.

But like someone else mentioned, get a second opinion. It's not right for your doctor to just laugh your problems off. That's not a good doctor, and there might really be something wrong.

I just found out that I had GERD. I couldn't eat without feeling really sick either.. so that could be a possibility as well.

But get yourself to a good doctor!

well it is the nhs and secondly, i hate having to restrict calories. Drinking milk and dairy product never makes me feel good. My gran had osteoporosis and she could not tolerate dairy products. That is why i am worried.

Dairy is a VERY poor source of calcium (though of course the marketing boards will have you believe differently). There are many many BETTER sources of calcium than milk. Milk HAS lots of calcium, but most of it is bound in casein which humans cannot break down, thereforeeee making it un-useable. Milk is for baby cows, who CAN break down casein, not people. People are the only species on earth that actively consumes the milk of another species, or consumes milk at all post-wean. Just some info on milk.

Broccoli and almonds are excellent sources of calcium, and won't make you sick. They have LESS calcium on paper than milk, but because it is all useable to us it actually winds up being MORE calcium available per serving.

Oh, and by the way, I drink milk. I LOVE milk. But it's certainly not because it's good for me.

been eating the porridge, bread and apples and sardines. Now im starting to feel weak though for restricting my calories. Aside from this though i am thinking really clearly and feel quite well- but i know it wont last simply because i cant survive eating this. Been trying to find out what they eat in thailand and korea and other areas where they rely on grains as the main source of the diet and generally just whole foods where they dont mix many ingredients. anyone got any ideas on this.