I'm just having a really bad day and thought it might help to post about it on here. I have had NC for a little over 2 months since my bf and I broke up. I just feel like calling him and I know that I shouldn't. I've just moved home from college 4 months ago and still don't have many friends in the area. I just feel so alone and I miss him so much. I miss all these stupid things and I don't want to date anyone else. I feel like like I am in such a rut and I don't know what to do. I wish we were still together every minute of the day. Why does this hurt so badly? I just don't understand how he could walk away so easily. I just really want to stop crying all the time. I guess I'm just looking for any kind of encouragment I feel like I'm going crazy.

Milly: I'm so sorry you are feeling down. Stay strong and please don't contact him. I know it is so hard to feel alone. Is there anything you like to do such as watching DVD's or reading or a hobby to distract you when you think of him?

My ex dumped me 3 months ago and he immediately started NC. I called him 1 month after the breakup and spoke with him and now I wished I wouldn't have. I can sympathize with what you are going through because I miss him and still love him. This week has been hard for me and I felt like I was going to go crazy yesterday and even considered texting him ( I didn't!).

I think what makes me ( and alot of us on here) focus so many thoughts on our ex is the fact that they seemingly forgot us so quickly and the love we shared. Here we are hurting and still loving them and we wonder if they miss us or wonder about us. We wonder how they could switch off their love so easily.

The bottom line to me is whether he loved me or if it was all a lie, I don't hold any importance in his life now. Otherwise, why hasn't he reached out and contacted me in some form? Why should I let him think he still holds importance in mine? I know it will only serve as an ego boost to him and he won't respond and I will feel even worse.

Stay strong and big hugs to you!

We are all here to support each other!

I think you need to be realistic, and pull your head out of space back on earth. Things are as they are, usually not as you want them to be, meaning you'll have to invest effort to shape your life in the way you want it, instead of expecting it to all come right by some sort of magical power, rather take the power of your life back in your own hands and make the best of now.

Hi Milly, today, as I have yesterday, and the day before that, and the day beforee that, I am feeling the same as you are. I've been on NC for 9 days and it's bloody hell. All I want to do is be with her and I can't. I want to call her, but I won't (I think). She works very near me and I have to make special effort to avoid her. It could have been so different...I blew it...but it's not now. We are only human.

She has a new man in her life. I dread the thought(s) of them together..doing things on late Sunday morning(s)...so jealous it hurts like no other. I know the pain.

But, I'll get through this and you will too. This is when we really have to dig...dig deep, and find that inner strength...Step by step.

G

MILLE....I CAN TOTALLY RELATED TO WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH. I JUST WENT THROUGH ALL OF THAT...BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY IT WILL PASS!!! I know it's hard to believe what I just said, but I felt the EXACT same way you are feeling right now. I felt hopeless, worthless, did not want to go out, did not want to date, didn't want to do anything except lay in bed, and watch TV. TRUST ME: IT WILL PASS SOON! You just have to take the time to learn how to live without him! I watched a lot of Will and Grace DVD's (ya, they're expensive but it's worth your sanity...favorite episode is BED, BATH and BEYOND - Season 4...you'll understand why if and when you buy it). When people would tell me it's going to get better, I didn't believe them! I thought I was ALWAYS going to feel this way...EVERYONE GOES THROUGH THAT STAGE!

**IT **WILL** GET BETTER...I PROMISE**

Cry all the time..it helps! g44 said it best..that feeling after crying gets longer and longer after each time, and soon enough it won't go away!

A few days ago, I was at work, just sitting there really depressed and then the next minute, I WAS HAPPY AND DIDN'T CARE! It was weird, but everyone said that's how it happens, and I've felt happy ever since!

IT WILL GET BETTER!!!!! I GIVE YOU MY WORD!

JUST DON'T CALL HIM OR CONTACT HIM...Here, go read this article...

Thank you so much for all the support. I am trying very hard to change my situation and move on from the past but still have really bad days. I'm so glad I found this website because I have difficulty reaching out from help from my friends and family because I think they believe I should be over it by now. I just want everyone here to know how much it means to me to read your kind and supportive words of advice.

Thanks!

im having a really bad day today and feel like i have to get this off my chest- its pathetic cos its been 3 months which is about how long our relationship lasted! Why the hell am i still feeling like this?

i was doing so well.. moving on and so on but ive found out that this set back happens when i see him, which isn't often as luckily we live far away from each other. But i bumped into him a couple of days ago when i met up with some friends and spoke very briefly (the generic how are you, bla bla bla) then walked off.

i don't know why it hurts so bad when i see him and i hate the fact that it still does.. i had this dream last night that i kept forcing him away but in the end i gave in and was back with him and i got to admit it felt so nice- albeit being just a dream! I know i have to be strong but it's just so hard when you're alone with no one to talk to... why do i have to have such a big heart? i wish i didn't care.