Theres this bird i like at my school, i'm 16 and shes a couple of years older. Right i don't think its possible for a girl to want to go out with a boy 2 years younger especially when there only 16 and she is 18, is this true?

I also find it hard to get a girlfriend who is my own age because they have boyfriends who 17/18. So all the fit 16 year olds are taken. So i have to go a year before i can get a girlfriend which is annoying me

Shes 18 your 16 thats not much age different, just go for it, if you two like each other thats all what matters, dont worry what anyone thinks of it. But just becareful laws are diff everywhere, she might get in crap if yous sleep together, but if yous dont nothing matters then

False i know an 18 year old girl who fell in love with a 12 year old boy, they had a sustainable relationship for 2,5 years. So it is possible, really 2 years is within range id go for it if i where you. You shouldn't let age gaps ruin great relationships give yourself some slack space, 3 years age difference if your below 20. (is my standard) Otherwhise the amount of possible partners is reduced to what you can count on one hand.

• 2 weeks later...

go for it! i dated a boy who was 1 year younger than me in high school, and although we got teased at first, everyone soon was cool with it, and we had a good time. there's plenty of older guys with younger women, so why not buck the trend? and it's only two years, after all.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Toyboys are all the craze at the moment lol

If you dont ask you'll never know, and if she says no at least you wont be left wandering what if?

Personally i think the age gap isnt too much of an issue here, it comes down to attraction, if she likes you she'll not be bothered your younger and will say yes! Now go ask her out quick, before someone else snaps her up! x