Lets make peace

Empty789

As a child you sat in your play place and looked and smiled with grace

The whole world was in front of you, but all you wanted was those toys

When you grew up did you ever think you would be playing with guns and knives

As a child you knew nothing of death, now death breeds in your name

So where has the child gone in us? Where as the innocent playful being gone to?

Has it disappeared so far away that we have lost sight, or is it in the back of our brain but we refused to recognize its flight.

Why are we fighting my brothers and sisters?

I ask you why, why do we go so far to kill each other? And forget about our brothers

This isn't the answer it never has, instead of making love we are making hate

And worse than that we are breeding it for future generations comes to date

Some say there is no answer, but I disagree

It's been there since we have began our life

If we all learned to love instead of hate we could live in peace and harmony

So I beg of you. Put down your guns, put down your knives

And once and for all

I beg of you

Let's make peace

Once and for all

I love this, Empty. Thank you so much for writing it, I hope it's seen by many enotalone members.

I've been reading about Buddhism lately, and one of the fundamental credos is that we all want to avoid suffering and be happy, and we all have the right to do both. Yet, sadly, we humans do keep mucking it up, don't we?

But I wonder if overall...if you looked at the big picture of humanity...where are we making progress when it comes to peace? We do have the United Nations now. It may not be as effective as we want, but it's a start. Can anyone think of some other areas where we have made strides toward peace? From a universal point of view?

Nice job, Empty. I miss the days when I had no idea what a Kalashnikov was.

Can anyone think of some other areas where we have made strides toward peace? From a universal point of view?
Nuclear non-proliferation pacts; arms limitation treaties; atmospheric, underwater and space-based atomic testing bans.

Unfortunately, it seems nowadays that the path to world peace is non-linear in nature. Ten steps forward, nine steps back.