Should I forget?

cichlid

It's almost been a month since my b-day. My oldest sister (who obviously does not live at home) bought me beer (LOL) and some other stuff that had to be returned since some other people got me the same things. She said she would return the stuff and buy me some software that I need ASAP. I would pay her the difference. Still waiting...4 weeks later. Should I just just be like aw screw it and just go buy it myself...or do I bring this up politely that I am still waiting? I've already pestered her twice now about it. First she was going to get me a gift card with the amount on it (I don't trust her with the money) since I was going to buy from the same place anyway. Then it was like she would buy the software a weekend ago since she had a thing for 15% off software. I'm getting impatient really. It's not a want ...it's a need. I've waited a month and I just want my software that she said she would get when she returned the other stuff. Like many other things...I will probably never see what she promises.

I think it is in very bad taste to give somebody a present and not follow through, but you know, in the end a present is not a MUST, so stop haunting her about it, go and get your software and get on with your life. These things happen, it is not a priority in her life, and it is in yours. If you hang on to this it could escalate into a problem in your relationship with her. Is a present really worth the trouble?