Physically Losing a Birth Control Pill-- What to do?

xmrth

So I'm sure we all know the importance of taking birth control pills properly... but what happens when you physically lose one? I dropped one of mine someplace that I absolutely cannot find it, just to cut to the chase. I searched high and low. I took the next day's pill immediately-- which is the same color (and I'm guessing, the same potency because it says something like 30/30 on it)

So now I'm a pill short, but I've got another pack. So I'll take one from that.

But since it's not something like pain killers, or something like that, I should be able to get another pack, right? Hopefully?

I'm REALLY curious and I can't get in touch with my doctor until maybe tomorrow and I'm dying to know-- I don't want to have to deal with next month and being short and worrying if it throws me out of whack and getting me pregnant.

Martha

Well... Just take one like you normally would. When you run out, then get more. The white ones are all the same potency. The brown ones are for women when they are on their period. Sure you already know that Missing one should not have any impact. Just dip into your next pack. If you're really that worried, call the pharmacist.

whatever you do, don't miss one! Steal one from the other pack so you don't get 'off/confused' on your days and see if your doc can get you a sample pack to replace the one you stole from the new pack! Keep the sample pack on hand so if you ever lose another one, you will have back up's.

I know the significance of taking Bc pills, I dont take mine like im supposed to;reall scary..but anywhoo...i THINK you can miss up 2 three days n still be protected, i dont know for sure but if u do ull be confused. they should have days of the week on your despencer, if u starded on a sunday the next pack u open u should start the sunday after your period,Nevertheless... the ones u take on you periiod dont have any hormones but u still have to take them normally. i thought the green ones where for your period?

I don't have green ones; I think they may be different depending on the brand. Mine are in the orders of Blue, White, Pink, and Orange.

I actually JUST got this straightened out-- I apparently am covered for the loss of this 'medication,' so now they're sending me 2 full new packs in a week, which is just in time.

But yeah you have to take them all the time, on time. You can't flat out miss any, but if it happens that you end up taking one very late, it's risky but it's better than missing it all together.