Feel so lost...

Spawn

Oh boy i feel so lost....i am tryin hard to get my career on track got my cisco certs i am now CCNP...and where ever i apply they need experience, i quit job to get the cert and now its like a mountain of experience that they are askin me.

Guess...i am just wasted with that then...

I am ventin again guys....first it was the ex now the job....aah well. Lifes strange, again was thinkin of puttin up fake experiences to get thru some company as one friend suggested. Scared about the background checks tho.

Ahh damn why does it suck when its not supposed to...

hope everyone is doin fine....

good day to you all...

i dunno i feel like all those hands on those routers and switches just doesn't cut it anymore, i hope i do get some startup company somewhere....i don't mind at all a low payin job now.

Sometimes the way people get into big companies with no qualifications and experience pisses me off....i know people who have. They are at good posts now...ahh well guess i have to get some patience in my head.

thanks

What is your cert? Do you have references in the field?

how you doin vandg....health wise heard about it from coco lol

i did my cisco thingy (cisco certified network professional now)....the interviews are all crapped up, i have knowledge is what i get in reply but when they see the experience i get all blank faces from their side

anyways you take care....i hope u get into some real great hot shape and get a permanent solutin for your kids peein....anyways he doesn't need a loo lol.

certified network professional?? is that an IT thing??

Thank you for the well wishes...isn't coco the funniest thing?

and as for the child of mine, well, i have compromised.... we opened the window a crack and he can pee out the window every once and a while as long as he isn't having accidents or watering the flowers on my aubusson. lol

certified network professional?? is that an IT thing??

where did you last hear that? ya its IT thingy...

we opened the window a crack and he can pee out the window every once and a while as long as he isn't having accidents or watering the flowers on my aubusson. lol

you better close that crack, as is we see weird things happennin in this world with all those priceless videos, if he ends up in one you know which place to blame. lol

Hrmmm.... so what do you need? References or work experience??

What part of the world is middle earth in these days anyway?

I do freelance security systems analysis... totally a different field and absolutley nothing do with what I do, but possibly I could field a reference at least on my government letterhead...lol

middle earth = world of "lord of the rings" by the british author J.R.R. tolkien. guess you missed those last 3 movies that made like $1.5 billion.

you do therapy and also security systems analysis? what don't you do???

spawn, sometimes getting a job is like a "chicken and egg" problem. that's where luck and persistence come into play. and it doesn't hurt to know a LOT of people. don't give up, keep trying. we all start somewhere.

I do physical therapy monday wedneday and friday. I attend grad school tuesday and thursday mornings. I do security mostly at night on foreign market time, and I write in between while I am waiting for one thing or another to download... lol

With my other six hands I raise 2 kids, come here to pester you people, and have all my spare organs removed as a hobby....

and what do you do?

vandgsmom: mostly i pretend to work (i've gotten very good at this recently), but when deadlines roll around and i actually have to do stuff; i work on designing robust information security and system networks for unmanned air vehicles for the military... nothing very interesting, i think i'd enjoy life better if i joined a traveling carnival.

GUEST: Well, first you have to grow 8 arms and give up the need for sleep or interpersonal relationships...

then you have to go back in time and get a perfect score on all portions of your asvab test in high school, then consequently get hired by a foreigner that owns the practice you are wanting to work in... then you wait until hijackers bomb the world trade center and all foreigners from this particular area that do alot of inport export are under suspicion. Then you have to get Homeland Security to contact you, offer to give you a 2 week crash in systems analysis to ascertain where the money said forigner says he is buying equipment with from overseas is really going. etc etc etc... when that little bobble is over, you have to have a horrible accident that keeps you from doing your original job, and move to a town with 9 military bases, be offered a part time job that just so happens is something like what you were trained for, and take it, along with several other jobs.

Oh, and you also have to be ABSOLUTELY crazy and not mind mind-numbing research at 3 AM when you should be sleeping and dreaming about moonlit strolls with Bradd Pitt...lol

That help any? heehee