I'm Going on a Trip....

So at the end of this week I'm going on a 3 week vacation. I've planned it for months I'm both excited and nervous. I'm going on my own which is something I never would have previously dreamed of. I'm getting a little worried that being on my own far from home will make me pine for my ex and I dont want to ruin it for myself, I want this trip to be break from all the worrying and sadness. I'm just wondering if many enotaloners have been in a similar position and how things went, I'm probably just worrying over nothing y'know Thanks.

hey - the holiday sounds like a great idea! Good for you for going alone - i dont think you will regret it!

When i split up with my ex i went to Nepal for six weeks on my own and volunteered in an orphanage. I will admit that time alone made me think about him but i came back so much happier. I had broken contact because i had no option and that meant i could continue no contact much more easily when i returned. My ex really respects that i made the decision to go away on my own.

Take lots of luxuries with you and give yourslef a good spoil! Do things you love to do, relax and enjoy your break. Dont expect not to think about your ex partner at all but remember that you could have stayed at home and cried but you havent......so be proud of yourslef and above all, have a lovely time! xx

Hi!

I had split up with my b/f (who was from Chicago) and I'm from Europe. I was utterly devastated as he had said we were soulmates etc....I truly felt he just wouldn't break my heart. I had 100% trust but anyway, it all went pear- shaped!

Anyway, I packed in my job and moved out of my apartment share and spent 6 months travelling to get over it! I just felt I needed to do it. It was like I needed the space from my friends and environment to find out who I was again. I ended up staying in Boston, Jersey and Florida. Along the way, I had some little guardian angels....a couple in Boston, gave me a car! Then in Florida - another elderly couple almost adopted me as their daughter with lovely homemade dinners and a car! I found that Summer helped me find out what I wanted in life....my career, who I was again....and I felt a great sense of freedom. On July 4th, I was in Boston and just decided to drive down to Florida for a week - as I had no ties, no job, nothing to keep me there. I did it. It was a wonderful feeling driving down the I-95, radio blasting and the sun shining....I felt free. Like Thelma and Louise! And I started to feel whole again! I did have a few little Summer romances and it all helped me recover far quicker than staying at home in my usual routine....in the rain.....thinking of him.

Wow that sounded awesome Goldfish6888 I hope my trip is half as great as yours. You're definitely right about the staying at home a change of scenery is needed. I've got a big year coming with possible moves and finishing courses so it feels right to clear my head for a bit. Thanks for the replies